Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Problem with Dreamweaver Extension and Nav Bar

I hope someone can help me. I have a website on line that does not have a nav bar.

I just purchased Xara Webstyle 4 today and when I unlocked the program everything went crazy. I couldn't use the Dreamweaver extension, I followed all the steps and tried to re-install and I get an error that it cannot complete the process and will terminate.

On top of that I have a website that I had uploaded just prior to this and the whole navigation system is gone.

I'm ready to get ask for a refund on this program and scrap it altogether if I don't get some help. I've contacted support but still haven't heard anything back.

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me on this.

Thanks so much.

Default Re: Problem with Dreamweaver Extension and Nav Bar

Hi CMJ,

Have you read the FAQ for Webstyle on the Xara Support site?
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...=463&nav=0,463

I don't use either program (Dreamweaver or Webstyle) so I cannot provide more help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Problem with Dreamweaver Extension and Nav Bar

Yes, I have gone through everything there and followed all the instructions to try and fix the extension and when that did not work, followed through on the instructions to remove and re-install.

Now I can't get it to work with Dreamweaver at all unless I remake the nav menu and save it to the site on my desktop, which isn't very helpful as the files all sit in the files and I don't know how to code them manually into the site.

I have been in a panic as this is a ten page website sitting there and no way to navigate the pages.

I have ended up creating a graphic of a nav bar and used the linking tool within Dreamweaver to link to each of the pages. It looks fine within the site and is working fine and with a little more tweaking on it today will be even better.

I do appreciate you at least trying to help. I still have had no response from Tech Support which isn't very good.