Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: fractals

Default fractals

Can anyone tell me if its just me or do fractal transparency and/or fills behave differently now.
    When I try to stretch a fractal it just enlarges rather than stretch as though there is a locked aspect ratio I wasn't aware of.
    Can anyone confirm this because if its just me I need to find out why and if thats how they behave now then its rubbish.
    Derek

Default Re: fractals

Hi Derek,

this was discussed in the Xara Xone Workbook 60:
    "Another thing that uses to make me grumpy is rotating bitmap fills. I frequently forget to hold down the Ctrl key when rotating and so the aspect ratio gets all messed up. Makes me crazy.

Xara must have taken pity on my grumpy old sole because now when you drag either of the outer fill path arrows you can resize and rotate a bitmap fill and it remains in proper proportion. To resize the bitmap fill but not proportionately, hold down the Shift key and you can resize the bitmap image one fill path arrow at a time. Amazing!
    "
    (source: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_4.htm)

Regards,
    Remi

Default Re: fractals

Hi Remi
    Thanks for that, I though I'd lost a very important feature and was going to have to return to an earlier version to complete what I'm doing.
    Derek