Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Question About Xtreme Pro

I currently use PSP 9, and I am looking to upgrade. I like the idea of Adobe Photoshop, but $600+ is a lot of money, and if I can get a simliar program for the price of Xtreme Pro, I would take the opportunity.

Have I come to the right place?

Default Re: Question About Xtreme Pro

Hello Joseph,

Xtreme Pro is a Vector graphics application and would be more analogous to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw.

PSP 9 is a raster (also known as bitmap) graphic application. Photoshop is also a raster application. Both have some very basic vector tools, but primarily the programs are for manipulating bitmapped images like photographs.

Xtreme Pro is a drawing application that creates vectors. Some bitmapped graphics effects are possible but not to the extent that PSP and PS can perform.

Xtreme Pro vectors can be used to do things that PSP and PS can do, but require a different approach to achieve the result.

If you want to learn vector graphics then Xtreme Pro is the most affordable and also the most intuitive to learn. IMHO.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi and welcome Joseph,

One thing that Bill forgot to mention is that you can download the full version of Xtreme for a 1 month free trial.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Joseph

You didn't say what you use PSP for.

If you're editing photos, then PSP or PS may be a better bet. XPE has photo editing tools for quick & easy fixes, but anything more than that requires additional tools.

If you're, say, making screen captures of software and replacing text in them, you have to use something like PSP. PS is overkill, and it may not allow you to match the text anyway.

If you're doing just about anything else -- including web graphics, which are often done in raster apps -- Xtreme may very well do exactly what you need. Plus, it's much faster, more intuitive and often requires fewer steps. You will have to adjust your thinking, but with Xtreme that can happen fairly quickly. (Besides, working with Xtreme is such a pleasure you may find it hard to go back to what you were doing before.)

Buy Xtreme and then use PSP as your bitmap editor which can be linked to Xtreme in options. Just double click the bitmap object in Xtreme and PSP pops up.

Best of both words. I do it with Xtreme, PSP 9 and PSP XI.

This will probably sound stupid, but what's the difference in vector and raster? =p

I'm mainly looking for something to make web graphics with, but beyond the scope of Xara Webstyle. Also, I want a program that can make nice blend images.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Witchard View Post
    I currently use PSP 9, and I am looking to upgrade. I like the idea of Adobe Photoshop, but $600+ is a lot of money, and if I can get a simliar program for the price of Xtreme Pro, I would take the opportunity.

Have I come to the right place?
    In US dollars consider the Corel Draw Graphics Suite X3 $179.00 includes Photo-Paint(raster program) and much more or Paint Shop Pro X1 for $54.99 an upgrade may be less.

The current price on the Xara web site for Extreme Pro is $249.00 when it first came out I paid approx. $150.00 because I had previous versions. To sum up: I recommend The Corel Draw Graphics Suite X3 it has a fair price to do it all. My opinion, others may feel differently of course. GT

Hi George,

The $179.00 price is for the upgrade, the full version of Corel Draw X3 is $399.00.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1150981051301

The $249.00 price for Xtreme Pro includes two raster graphic editors (XPE and MAGIX Photo) and it includes Xara3D6.
    Last edited by Soquili; 11 July 2007 at 12:47 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

So with Xtreme or Xtreme Pro, I could make an image like I showed you?

Yes. Very easily. In Photoshop you would need to create masks and multiple layers and set blend modes. Photoshop is easy once you master it, but not as easy to learn as Xtreme.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update