Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PRO 3-2-2 Arrowhead Bug

When assigning an arrowhead or a "dot" to a curve via the gallery (via double-click on one of the dropdown displays), the arrowhead is placed at the opposite end of the curve from the "dot".

In otherwords, the "dots" are assigned to the 'tail' of the curve rather than to the 'head' of the curve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-2-2 error  --- Arrowheads and dots.gif 
Views:	261 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	39507  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: PRO 3-2-2 Arrowhead Bug

It appears that everything except the arrow heads attach themselves to the 'tail' end of the line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrows.gif 
Views:	231 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	39508  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ever since post Artworks, Xara has made a mess of this feature. The only way I can make sense of it and make it work as I require is to drag an arrow/end onto that end of the line.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The only workaround I cound see would be to clone the line and put your own head/tail on the end of each line...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

If you hold down the Ctrl key and hit apply, or double click, the arrowhead or dot will be put on the opposite end of the line.

Mickie

Since the gallery folder is called 'arrowheads' it makes sense to me that the arrows [heads] go at one end and non-arrows [tails] go on the other.

And Mickie has beaten me to the punch on the way to reverse the default application.

Can't see a problem here myself....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Looks like the method got changed.

Read the help file on arrowheads for XaraXtreme and then compare it to XaraXtremePro's helpfile.

I think the newest version of Pro is trying to make a curve which already has an arrowhead "smart" enough to know that if it already has an arrowhead on one end of a curve, then applying another arrowhead style assumes you want it to be applied to the other end.

Personally, I think the time spent re-engineering this could have been better spent elsewhere. Such as making the tip of the arrowhead end at the end-node of a curve.

Ya, Ctrl Click is built into the line function.

One thing I learned working with various program is to experiment with ctrl, shift,alt and the various combinations.

Just like Pressing Ctrl N here in Firefox browser will bring up your home page in a new Browser.