Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: pdf

Default pdf

OK All
    Not asked for help for a while but am a bit stuck, have a pdf file that contains some drawings that I would like to extract and edit in Pro. the thing is the only way that I can find is to copy and paste but it comes out as a bitmap, any ideas as direct import comes up no filter to open, it is created by Acrobat Distiller 4.05 for Mac. pdf version 1.3 if that is any help.
    Thought that getting the latest Xara Pro would do it but not so, still may get there soon thanks for any help

Default Re: pdf

I'm no expert, but have played around with PDF drawings produced by FastCad and AutoCad, then written to PDF using Acrobat Writer (never could quite work out the pros and cons between Distiller and Writer)

When imported into Pro, the FastCad drawings come in perfectly with all elements (lines, circles etc.) as separate editable entities. The AutoCad ones are OK, but a lot of the entities seem to be bundled together in groups, and need ungrouping or converting to editable shapes.

Key thing with drawings seems to be how the package that generated them in the first place has decided to write them to PDF. If it "went in as a bitmap, then it will come out as a bitmap" seems to be the general rule.