Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Default Re: New 3.2.2 update... Lost?

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    I also don`t have the CD, and I am in europe/netherlands.
    I think it just takes long to get them out.
    Don't think they've released the CD's yet. There's probably a few more bugs than they expected to iron out. I suspect they'll be out soon though, and they'll let us know like always. It's at least better for us the longer it takes in some respects - we get a less buggy, more stable program.

Default Re: New 3.2.2 update

I have not seen an announcement that the CD has been sent to the duplicators or that they have begun to be mailed. In all past upgrades there has been an announcement. I assume there will be one when the 3.2.2 CDs are ready and are being sent out.

If my old memory serves, it has taken 2 to 4 weeks from the date of the announcement and the date the CD arrived in my mailbox.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thumbs up Re: New 3.2.2 update

Wonderful to know it didn't get lost in the mail or some variation of that and yes fewer bugs is a good thing!

@ ankhor, Xhris and Soquili
    Thanks very much for the information!

Bob C.

Anyone outside the UK will likely not realise that our postal service is practically on its backside while some of its workers are on strike. We've had a couple of nationwide strikes and now they are part-way through a two-week strike where one division at a time closes for a day.

They are doing their best to turn the public against them and we're now eagerly waiting for either the Germans or the Dutch to move in and start a reliable service. Strike information is at http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=51600692 - if Xara are smart they'll hold off posting anything until the current strike is over. The funniest thing is that we usually get strikes from firemen, baggage handlers etc, during major sporting events and/or throughout the summer - but we've had two months of rain so far, so the postmen are not even able to enjoy their time off work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Anyone outside the UK will likely not realise that our postal service is practically on its backside while some of its workers are on strike. We've had a couple of nationwide strikes and now they are part-way through a two-week strike where one division at a time closes for a day.

They are doing their best to turn the public against them and we're now eagerly waiting for either the Germans or the Dutch to move in and start a reliable service. Strike information is at http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=51600692 - if Xara are smart they'll hold off posting anything until the current strike is over. The funniest thing is that we usually get strikes from firemen, baggage handlers etc, during major sporting events and/or throughout the summer - but we've had two months of rain so far, so the postmen are not even able to enjoy their time off work.

I support strikers, the way things are going.
    And our Dutch postal service has become less reliable since the privatisation. many times my post ends up at my neighbours. Not strange when they hire
    in cheap temp labour that is unschooled and sometimes very unmotivated.
    Even Nigerian gangs have infitrated and have stolen a lot of creditcards en info. So be warned.

So I rather wait for my CD in support of the strikers.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Have you read the July 2007 Xara Outsider?

http://www.xara.com/news/july07/

If you have missed any of the previous Xara Outsider newsletters you can find them at

http://www.xara.com/outsider/
    Last edited by Soquili; 30 July 2007 at 08:04 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I just downloaded the 3.2.2 as advised by email from Xara and when I tried to install it I got a message
    <XaraXtreme3_2DL.exe is not a valid Win32 application>

Since the original download 3.2 is running OK and registered, and I don't seem to be having any problems I guess I'll wait for the disk.
    Steve

I had that problem on one of my downloads. I finally figured out that the download was not complete. I would try again - look at the size of the download when it says it is complete. Check it against the size that the web site says.

Good luck.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Great tip, did it, worked fine! Thanks
    Steve.

New download available for Xtreme Pro

http://www.xara.com/downloads/xtreme/

After install the Help > About Xara Xtreme shows the version as 3.2.3.2440 DL (Xara) Jul 31 2007
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update