Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: New 3.2.2 update

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    (( Got OpenURL error/msg -whatever that means... anybody know? ))
    (
    Error codes listed here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193625

WinInet error code 12029 can occur when firewall software is blocking the connection or if you are using a (possibly incorrect or uneccessary) proxy server to connect to the internet.

Areas to re-check.. ?

Red face Re: New 3.2.2 update

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Error codes listed here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193625

WinInet error code 12029 can occur when firewall software is blocking the connection or if you are using a (possibly incorrect or uneccessary) proxy server to connect to the internet.

Areas to re-check.. ?
    Thanks for the Error Listing Link! Super - I'd say it was the Firewall too; BUT, I have turned OFF XP-Pro Firewall, still could NOT Register or Update... <sigh>

They gave me three names to put in Exceptions (some I had) and I put them ever where I could put them as Text - then there seems to be a spot that takes things as numbers (Ports?)... so, I am waiting for numbers to use... have put them into Foxfire Exceptions too... I'll get/find yet!

( worse part is this use to all work fine ... then some thing changed and I didn't notice when or what did it... just figured, one time when I tried, that there was a glitch; and, it would clear up next time... <sigh> )
    Tom - Hwy101

Thanks for the Error Listing Link! Super - I'd say it was the Firewall too; BUT, I have turned OFF XP-Pro Firewall, still could NOT Register or Update...
    Have you disabled your AV suite and tried? McAfee/Symantec/VET/Norman etc - many contain their own firewalls. XP's own firewall is unlikely to be the problem in anycase.
    Process of elimination may find the problem, disable (one at a time) anything that you have running which requires an internet connection (instant messengers, limewire etc, bit torrent, voip and so on..

Have you disabled your AV suite and tried? McAfee/Symantec/VET/Norman etc - many contain their own firewalls. XP's own firewall is unlikely to be the problem in anycase.
    Process of elimination may find the problem, disable (one at a time) anything that you have running which requires an internet connection (instant messengers, limewire etc, bit torrent, voip and so on..
    Old AV -just realized that I BET there is pieces of Old Norton AV hanging around ... (off to their site to get Remover) Thanks (for Reminding)! - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

(pant)(pant) Back from Trying Winsock Fixer (No Luck) & Ran a Diagnostic (xaradiag.exe) that Xara said to try) (( Got OpenURL error/msg -whatever that means... anybody know? ))

No Luck with Either Utility Helping Me Connect to Register or get Updates...
    Hey, where did you get the XaraDiag tool? I'd like to know WHY I still can't activate 3.2.2?

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ok, i downloaded it and run it. It says "Diagnostic completed - OK".

The xara support team told me to create a new password but that didn't help either.. I still use 3.0 CD because I can't activate any newer updates.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED - i downloaded by mistake the STANDARD version and NOT the PRO! The standard version does not unlock with the password of the PRO version..
    Last edited by Nostaw; 18 July 2007 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED - i downloaded by mistake the STANDARD version and NOT the PRO! The standard version does not unlock with the password of the PRO version..
    Don't you hate when that happens...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    Don't you hate when that happens...
    Silly, really

Thumbs up Re: New 3.2.2 update

WOO HOO! T'WAS A PIECE OF BAD NORTON !

UNLOCKED & AM UPDATING HELP FILES AS I TYPE! WOO HOO 2 ;-^)

THANKS GANG -PARTICULARLY TO SLEDGER for REMINDER! APPRECIATED! TOM
    Tom - Hwy101