Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: New 3.2.2 update

"Idea: Holding CTRL pressed on the keyboard while selecting a diamond color will make it a square color."

Innovative idea!

The problem with the new system, from my brief experimentation is this. Let's say after applying "diamond" colors to several objects, you decide to make those "diamond" colors named colors (aka a document palette). There are couple ways of doing this. If you select an object and use the color editor to create a named color, you still have to go back and reselect all objects which are composed of the original "diamond" color and manually reassign the fill and or outline color .... they don't automatically update when the named/copy of the diamond color is created. UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Most of the time I am finding that if I apply a "diamond" or a named color to an object and then try to apply a TINT of that color, the fill in the editor changes to left-most "square" color in the pallet. Doesn't make sense to me.

Enhancement idea for the Color Editor: If you select an object with only a fill, then Local Fill Color in the editor should automatically be displayed. If you select an object which has no fill and just an outline, then the Local Line Color in the editor should automatically be displayed.
    Last edited by jclements; 06 July 2007 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    I never had a problem to update before. This register problem is new to me since version 3.2.2.

In your case, check if you got the windows firewall switched off. If you're sure all your firewalls are turned off, I'd say there is a Service running in the background responsible for blocking Xara to update, maybe a firewall software that didn't uninstall properly(?). Have a look into the Windows Services running on your system, try this:

1) Click on the Control Panel.
    2) Click on Administrative Tools.
    3) Click on Services.
    You get a list with all Services on your system.
    5) Check if one of the services is one of your previous firewalls or blocking
    Software. If you find a Service you might think can block the software,
    right click on it, go to properties, then stop and disable this service.
    6) Warning: make sure you don't disable all services, some are important for
    windows to run at all!
    More information on Services can be found here:
    http://pc1stop.com/PCTipsServices.html
    Thanks NoStaw - I looked but did not see anything even close...

Xara is Helping (now) - I ran a DOS Window CMD that said One Address was Bad (the Name/Link they said Type)

BUT, like another Numberic Address/URL ?Alternate/Alias? was GOOD...

I sent to Xara - Waiting for what to do Next - Will Report, if Needed by Others ??? (hoping not - not fun not being able to: Register or get Updates!)

Thanks for Thinking on This & the URL to Services - Much Appreciated! Tom
    Last edited by Hwy101; 06 July 2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to Thank 8-(
    Tom - Hwy101

Hwy101, NOT beeing able to register and NOT to update - well that's useless really. I'd like to know what causes the problem, so keep posting updates of your status...

Thumbs up Re: New 3.2.2 update

Hwy101, NOT beeing able to register and NOT to update - well that's useless really. I'd like to know what causes the problem, so keep posting updates of your status...
    "... that's useless really. ..."

That's pretty much How I feel - be Hard to continue to Support Xara and whatever is BLOCKING -told Xara 1/2 the Good of Xara is getting the Updates for the Various Movies, Graphics & Things... not to mention the updates to the program itself!

( I can't wait to see who is NOT playing Nice) LOL ;-^) -have turned OFF XP-Pro Firewall, put exception everywhere I can find for Xara -working on one place that seems to require Numeric URLs ... I am a waiting what to Try Where... fun part is Everyone point at the Other - One Bunch, saying I can 'DO' but NOT GIVING ME THERE SETTING FOR ME TO TRY... <sigh> )
    Tom - Hwy101

I am a waiting what to Try Where... fun part is Everyone point at the Other - One Bunch, saying I can 'DO' but NOT GIVING ME THERE SETTING FOR ME TO TRY... <sigh>
    You may have a corrupt winsock setting. I have had a number of PC's come to mw in the past that have been (initially) unable to get certain websites for no obvious reason. Eventually they are unable to get an WAN access (commonly they are still able to connect to LAN clients)

The easiest way to reset the winsock is through the use of a free utility:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 06 July 2007 at 03:47 AM. Reason: added quote

My problem exactly. 3.2.2 DL will not allow me to unlock the software...

What a pain!

I attempted to install 3.2.2. three times. Each time that I attempted to install, I received the attached error message. I downloaded XXP 3.2.2 twice, but no luck....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XXP Update.gif 
Views:	538 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	39597  
    Last edited by laser1; 07 July 2007 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You may have a corrupt winsock setting. I have had a number of PC's come to mw in the past that have been (initially) unable to get certain websites for no obvious reason. Eventually they are unable to get an WAN access (commonly they are still able to connect to LAN clients)

The easiest way to reset the winsock is through the use of a free utility:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
    Thanks sledger - I will give anything a try at this point - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    Thanks sledger - I will give anything a try at this point - Tom
    (pant)(pant) Back from Trying Winsock Fixer (No Luck) & Ran a Diagnostic (xaradiag.exe) that Xara said to try) (( Got OpenURL error/msg -whatever that means... anybody know? ))

No Luck with Either Utility Helping Me Connect to Register or get Updates...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OpenURL.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	39598  
    Tom - Hwy101

Anyone else having the unlock problem with 3.2.2?
    Not here.

I already had Xtreme 2.0e in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme\

I got the Xtreme 3.2 DL version and installed it into the C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme 3.2\ folder. I then opened it, closed it, ran it, unlocked it, closed it. I then re-booted, launched the 3.2.2 upgrade and then opened Xtreme 3.2.2. It opened with no new requests for an unlock code and is now running fine.

I'm on Vista, BTW.