Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Issues with Color Editor and Color Palette ????

If I import a PDF into a blank file and save it, then the Color Editor's drop down list only shows: Normal and Spot color. Tint of Another Color, Shade of Another Color, and Link to Another Color are missing. Anyone else have this happen? (See the attached, open it, draw an object, give it a fill and then check of the color editor)

I noticed if I apply a Line or Fill color from the new color palette (the diamond shaped colors at the bottom of Xara's drawing window) to an object, then when that object is selected, there are no tick marks displayed over the color's used for the object in the color palette. Is this supposed to happen?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 05 July 2007 at 04:56 PM.

Default Re: New 3.2.2 update

the color bar has been 'overhauled' - check out the release notes

In a nutshell, you now have to create named colors specifically for them to appear on the color bar. Once this is done the color editor will show the choices for this color [ you may have to close it and reopen it for it to catch up...]

EDIT:
    see also
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ight=color+bar
    amongst others
    Last edited by handrawn; 05 July 2007 at 05:09 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the color bar has been 'overhauled' - check out the release notes

In a nutshell, you now have to create named colors specifically for them to appear on the color bar. Once this is done the color editor will show the choices for this color [ you may have to close it and reopen it for it to catch up...]
    What you are really saying, which is true; Xara is now making it much more difficult to work with and colors.

How can we ever thank them. Some new developer there must have the mind set that if it's more difficult it must be better.....wonder if he/she is from Adobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Doug I just installed the new trial version over the previous unlocked version.
    My copy wouldn't install before I removed my previous version so now it has some nag screens and no serial number.
    Rubem Pechansky

Hi Rubem,

Did you have your Xara Xtreme program or XPE open when trying to install the newer version?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Did you have your Xara Xtreme program or XPE open when trying to install the newer version?
    Nope, I'm sure I didn't
    Rubem Pechansky

What error message if any did you get when trying to install over the existing version?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

What error message if any did you get when trying to install over the existing version?
    The installer said I had a more recent version and required me to uninstall it before continuing. I had no other options.
    Rubem Pechansky

Odd behaviour. Possibly something in the registry may have indicated the existing version was newer than the update.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Issues with Color Editor and Color Palette ????

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    If I import a PDF into a blank file and save it, then the Color Editor's drop down list only shows: Normal and Spot color. Tint of Another Color, Shade of Another Color, and Link to Another Color are missing. Anyone else have this happen? (See the attached, open it, draw an object, give it a fill and then check of the color editor)
    Yes this behaiviour is the same as in version 3.2.1. Looks like a bug to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    I noticed if I apply a Line or Fill color from the new color palette (the diamond shaped colors at the bottom of Xara's drawing window) to an object, then when that object is selected, there are no tick marks displayed over the color's used for the object in the color palette. Is this supposed to happen?
    I think this is suppose to happen: all diamond colors are unused document colors (the way I understand it). If you want one of the diamond colors to be part of your document, select the diamond color, open the color editor and then select "new named color" and it appears in the front of the palette as a square color.
    In a way this is good behaiviour, when you export to .AI or .PDF only all square colors exported only, all diamond colors are ignored, it keeps the document quite clean.
    Idea: Holding CTRL pressed on the keyboard while selecting a diamond color will make it a square color.
    Last edited by Nostaw; 05 July 2007 at 09:53 PM.