Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: New 3.2.2 update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Doug I just installed the new trial version over the previous unlocked version. The new trial becomes unlocked automatically. You are correct the serial number is not required until the CD arrives.
    Been using it for the last couple of hours, and all is well again, thanks Bill. I usually try and analyse what the heck happened, but in this case, I have NO idea. Better to leave well enough alone!

If you have recreated your clipart galleries which were deleted by previous reinstalls, make sure you export the registry entries ***before*** you run this update.

It would be jolly nice if Xtreme could ask before wiping them. Or provide a utility which sets them up based on a folder structure.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stlewis View Post
    It would be jolly nice if Xtreme could ask before wiping them. Or provide a utility which sets them up based on a folder structure.
    It would be VERY nice if Xtreme did that.

I bought the 3.2 update, version 3.2.1 was no problem to unlock afterwards.

Now, I just downloaded 3.2.2, installed over version 3.2.1.
    I tried to unlock 3.2.2 and entered the login/passwort, clicked OK and suddenly this message comes up:

"The account you specified dos not own the Xara Xtreme product. Please try again using the details for the Xara account that you used to purchase, or click on the But button to purchase now."

I also sent the "Password Hint" to me and copy and pasted the password, still no luck. I can't unlock 3.2.2. Any hints?

Nostaw that is odd behaviour. Everytime I have installed an update over a previously unlocked version, the upgrade is automatically unlocked.

The splash screen with the offer to purchase, run the demo, or unlock never shows.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili, I never had the problem either. After installing the update over the previous unlocked version the unlock screen never showed.

I uninstalled xtreme 3.2.2 and reinstalled 3.2.1 again - the unlock screen disappears and 3.2.1 is straight away unlocked - but I can't unlock 3.2.2.

For the time beeing i'm continuing to work with 3.2.1.

Anyone else having the unlock problem with 3.2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    Soquili, I never had the problem either. After installing the update over the previous unlocked version the unlock screen never showed.

I uninstalled xtreme 3.2.2 and reinstalled 3.2.1 again - the unlock screen disappears and 3.2.1 is straight away unlocked - but I can't unlock 3.2.2.

For the time beeing i'm continuing to work with 3.2.1.

Anyone else having the unlock problem with 3.2.2?
    Anybody having Trouble with, Both, Registering & Updating online? I have XP Pro and both Registered & Upgrade (the Program/Graphic files) Online Before, now... (suddenly, of course) I can NOT (and before you ask: No I don't remember what got installed that started blocking/causing the problem -if I did I would axe it!

So far Xara & I have not be able to figure out - Hoping maybe someone in the group had the Problem and Figured Out a Fix... Thanks for any thoughts
    Tom - Hwy101

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    Anybody having Trouble with, Both, Registering & Updating online? I have XP Pro and both Registered & Upgrade (the Program/Graphic files) Online Before, now... (suddenly, of course) I can NOT (and before you ask: No I don't remember what got installed that started blocking/causing the problem -if I did I would axe it!

So far Xara & I have not be able to figure out - Hoping maybe someone in the group had the Problem and Figured Out a Fix... Thanks for any thoughts
    I never had a problem to update before. This register problem is new to me since version 3.2.2.

In your case, check if you got the windows firewall switched off. If you're sure all your firewalls are turned off, I'd say there is a Service running in the background responsible for blocking Xara to update, maybe a firewall software that didn't uninstall properly(?). Have a look into the Windows Services running on your system, try this:

1) Click on the Control Panel.
    2) Click on Administrative Tools.
    3) Click on Services.
    You get a list with all Services on your system.
    5) Check if one of the services is one of your previous firewalls or blocking
    Software. If you find a Service you might think can block the software,
    right click on it, go to properties, then stop and disable this service.
    6) Warning: make sure you don't disable all services, some are important for
    windows to run at all!
    More information on Services can be found here:
    http://pc1stop.com/PCTipsServices.html
    Last edited by Nostaw; 04 July 2007 at 06:44 AM.

Default Equation editor and Xara

Good news,

The upgrade version (3.2.2.2228, not Pro) seems to handle correctly the equations pasted from MS equation editor and export to PDF the corresponding figures.
    This is just very nice news and makes the upgrade worthy for me. Thanks Xara for having solved this painful issue for the editors of technical documents like me.

For the users of LaTeX, Xara seems quite able also to import LateX graphics created by the intelligent small IPE program (at least the PDF version of these graphics saved by IPE, I have not yet tested the EPS version).

This makes things simpler for us, LateX users.

Murat

Default Re: Equation editor and Xara

Quote Originally Posted by yildi View Post
    Good news,

The upgrade version (3.2.2.2228, not Pro) seems to handle correctly the equations pasted from MS equation editor and export to PDF the corresponding figures.
    This is just very nice news and makes the upgrade worthy for me. Thanks Xara for having solved this painful issue for the editors of technical documents like me.

For the users of LaTeX, Xara seems quite able also to import LateX graphics created by the intelligent small IPE program (at least the PDF version of these graphics saved by IPE, I have not yet tested the EPS version).

This makes things simpler for us, LateX users.

Murat
    Yes, I just tested it. It's considerably better now! There are still a few minor position errors between characters for big equations though, but I'm sure they'll be ironed out.