Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: gradation problems

I can see the color bands at 32-bit. I'm using a laptop to view this.
    It's normal afaik.

I am glad you can see it too. I also did one in photoshop and it did the same thing. I wonder why, I am running at 32 bit .

Behzad just curious, what type of lighting is in the room where you have your computer?

Also, is the refresh rate on your new monitor higher, lower or the same as your old monitor?

It may not be possible on an LCD monitor, but on some older CRT monitors the lighting in a room can cause banding to show up on the display. Florescent lighting has been known to cause the banding by being the same or a harmonic of the refresh rate of the CRT.

That was one reason that newer CRTs would work at higher refresh rates, so any flickering or banding on the display could be eliminated.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

hi batman, thank you for helping, i tried every kind of lighting nothing works.
    refresh rate is at optimal 60hrz this is the prefered optimal resolution on this monitor. it is lower than my crt monitor i used to have.

That was at 80hrz.

Apparently it is an artefact of there being a finite number of colours available no matter what colour depth. Subtle colour changes still yield this banding it seems. It's nothing Xara can do anything about anyway (I reported it as a bug some time ago).

Apparently when i used a CRT this was not the issue, Don't tell me because of LCD this is the case.
    Whatever it is I will try it with a new graphic card soon.

Behzad,

There is a big difference between the two displays that many folks don't grasp:

Resolution

An important issue with LCD monitors is resolution. CRT monitors are usually capable of displaying multiple video resolutions, each with the same quality. LCD monitors, however, usually has what is called a Native resolution, or the resolution that it displays best. The native resolution is generally the highest resolution that the LCD can display and this is the display resolution that will appear the crispest/sharpest.
    So a new graphics card won't necessarily fix your woes.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

So sad
    sooooo Sad

I FOUND A WAY

I had to do color calibration and it works now.
    Yeah

It came with my monitors drivers.

That's the way to go Wabbit!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host