Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Where have my vector lines gone?

This vector shape is the result of a lot of messing about with blends and bevels. It has been taken out from the middle of a blend. For some unknown reason I can not apply lines to it. The original 2 shapes also had no lines but I am able to return the lines to those.
    Where have my vector lines gone?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Where have my vector lines gone?

I can confirm that no lines are visible even though it says it has an 8pt black outline. I suggest you send the file to Xara to have a look at, clearly something is not right.

Christine

That's a strange one Salaam. The line is present but not visible. Set the line width to 32Pt then Arrange / Convert Line to Shape. You need to go into wireframe to view the resultant shape. You can even Breal Shapes but it always remains invisible !!! However you can now add a line colour to each of the resultant shapes and you can see them, but you can't add a fill colour.

As Christine says, send the file to Xara, I'm sure they'd be interested in it.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 01 July 2007 at 01:57 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ah, finding the cause of this bug (known to me) is on my to-do list. To solve, go to the transparency tool, select a few transparency types, then change the transparency type to none. The line re-appears.

Ah, found the cause...

1. Turn ‘give new objects most recent attributes’ on
    2. draw a shape
    3. fill it to see line and fill colours better than just black
    4. go to transparency tool, and set to 100% flat transparent
    5. change the transparency type
    6. draw a new shape and the line will be invisible

Xara doesn’t retain transparency information with GNOMRA on; however, there is one case where its memory has been overlooked – after a flat transparency (which is the only one which changes the line transparency [unless the object is grouped - at which point grouping rules take over]) and then when the transparency type is changed. The transparency in step 4 doesn’t need to be 100%, but can be anything non-zero.

I've reported this to Xara.
    Last edited by Xhris; 01 July 2007 at 03:53 PM.

That is a very interesting invisible line you have created Anas.

Following Egg's lead and converting the line to Shape, then breaking shapes both the line shape and the original filled shaped become invisible. Clicking on the Transparency Tool I saw that each of the shapes has a flat 100% Transparency applied. Removing the transparency from each shown two black filled shapes.

Using your original file and applying a bevel you see the 8pix gap between the shape and the bevel where the line around the shape should be. It is also interesting that I can select the background shape by clicking within that 8pix gap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	invisiline.gif 
Views:	178 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	39422  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Voila,
    Thanks Xhris.
    I've sent Xara Support a link to this thread.