Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question No Background . . . transparent background?

I have not been working Xara Xtreme Pro long, but I have quite possibly a very simple question. The graphics I am creating and exporting always have a background (typically white). What do I need to do to just get the graphic so that when I export it and place into another doc that the background that I am using comes through?

Thanks!

Default Re: No Background . . . transparent background?

You need to choose an export format that supports transparency (such as GIF or PNG), then select what you want to export, Export and choose the appropriate settings - transparency (for PNG Truecolour+Alpha).

Paul

Default Re: No Background . . . transparent background?

if you use gif or jpg I would suggest using a background of the same color. When a bitmap is exported, The areas that are not whole pixels are antialiased with whatever background they are on. If you export from a light (white) background and are using a dark background on your other document then you will most likely see light jaggies with a gif and a white square with a jpg.

For example: the link under my sig shows a large moon on a black background. That image is a jpg of the moon and a blue glow laid over the same shade of black I used on the page.

On the other hand... The raben real estate logo in the following link (transparent gif) is a transparent gif laid over a fade in the background. Whereas the picture of the building is a slice of the building laid over the same fade and exported as a jpg.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook