Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Flash animation is cool but...

I think it would be even cooler if XXPro could export a tweened animation as an sequence of single frame images (or even an uncompressed AVI).

XXPro is a good fit for me for creating animated sequences and titles for tutorial movies about playing games (something I've been experimenting with lately). The drawing tools are more intuituve (for me) than those in Moho/Anime Studio. Plus, I already have XXPro.

Unfortunately it's a bit of a drag in that the only way to get output and have it tweened is to output it as flash, then use external software to convert to AVI. All software of this type seems to just use the flash plugin to play the movie and then try to screen capture fast enough to catch the output. While this is adequate, the perfectionist in me winces every time.

It would extremely cool if XXPro had an option to export an animation as a sequence of still images with a frame number appended It would even cooler still if it was able to export to an uncompressed AVI file, but that seems a little far fetched for the tool that it is.

So, anyone else doing something like this? Anyone have a cool way to use the blend tool to create tweens without having to manually break it apart and move parts to frames?
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Default Re: Flash animation is cool but...

Last edited by Rodzo; 28 June 2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Imposing on someone else's subject. Sorry

You can export all frames into individual layers using PNG export. Just select export as individual layers in the PNG export dialog box.

Haven't tested to see if preserves tweening, but I kind of doubt that as you are exporting into PNG not SWF.

A true SWF to AVI or bitmap file format converter will preserve tweening, but you end up with a non-repeating SWF file as you have created a bitmap based movie.

There some free and relatively cheap converters, depends on what kind of options you want.

I use SwishMax which can make its own Flash files, can import SWF files and export to AVI.

I also have video editing programs that can import SWF files as an overlay.

Lot of options out there if you were to search.

X3d can export Avi... Here is an example I created from some of Mike Sims Excellent/Fantastic work in X3d...

And you thought X3d was worthless...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by raynerj1; 29 June 2007 at 02:06 AM.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook