Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default continual font substitution dialog

What's the deal with the font substitution dialog opening all the time. I open a file I had open a couple of days ago, haven't moved, delete or changed any fonts and X3 asks me if I want to install certain fonts for the file.

Permanent is checked, but for some reason it has to reinstall the font again.

What gives?

There are lots of little gimickey errors it seems in this version. Can't adjust the first line indent or bullet placement with the sliders above paragraph text anymore. It works fine in V12. And I still get the wrong cmyk mix shown in the property bar/object manager for some fills.
    IP

Default Re: continual font substitution dialog

If you have Font Manager installed, when it feels there are too many in the list of installed fonts, it kicks a few out randomly. In 12 it installed automatically. X3 for some reason acts up. I do not know the solution. It doesn't happen all the time. It seems not to recognize a font if it is available in more than one format such as Open vs. True Type or Post Script.

As far as your color problems, there is a free little program you can use called ColorCop which can test what your colors are and you can compare, or even Xara if you have it, make the window a bit smaller, the eyedropper tool can pass the bounds of the window, pickup any color in another window or your desktop, webpage, etc.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP