Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: First Digi Scrapbook Kit

The way it works is (not to this point in my career, but will be soon ) when you purchase a kit (usually for about $6.00) you get individual files for all of the papers, decorative elements, alphabets, numbers.. and so on as a download.

You then can use any of them on Xara to create a scrapbook page by cropping, layering... and so on. It's really very easy. I usually make a 12X12 paper and go from their, although I've also done it in regular 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper so I can print it myself.

I'll attach a page I did of my son's B-Day. It wasn't using my kit, but you'll get the idea.

There are a lot of digital scrapbook sites out there, and a TON of free kits available. Just Google "free digi scrapbook kits" and you'll be bogged down for a long time.

Jen
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...dleSession.jpg
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 30 June 2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Placed photo link in page

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Okay, so you are creating kits essentially for printing. I was thinking of something like the SCRAPBLOOG site.

Your example shows a lot of creativity.

Judi

P.S. Print is the future. It never becomes obsolete by changing media technologies. Who is going to be able view the pictures you have burned to a CD 50 years from now?

P.S. Print is the future. It never becomes obsolete by changing media technologies. Who is going to be able view the pictures you have burned to a CD 50 years from now

That's very true. Not to mention there's nothing like holding a book of memories in your hand and flipping through the pages yourself. Viewing things on the monitor has a very detached feeling. Although it is nice having a backup copy burned on CD to give to grandparents and family in case of a fire or if your copy is ever lost. Then you can just print up a new page if you need it in the future.

Jen