Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help with tomato tutorial in June 07 issue

I've gotten to page 4, but am bogged down on this step, which is the paragraph immediately below the first picture:

"Here's how we can make the tomatoes more red orange. Clone each of the three tomato shapes (Ctrl k). Change the Fill Type to Flat, and apply the RGB orange color shown above."

I cloned the three tomatoes, selected one, chose the Fill tool, and changed the Fill Type to Flat. The tomato turns a dark red. Then, I tried to apply the correct color, but I'm doing something wrong.

I would appreciate it if someone could expand upon how to apply the correct color.

Howard
    Last edited by anotherhoward; 21 June 2007 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: Need help with tomato tutorial in June 07 issue

Hmmm? I guess this is for me to answer

I wonder if you have somehow applied a Stained Glass transparency?

Select one of the cloned shapes and then select the Transparency Tool. If it shows stained glass in the transparency type window then set the transparency to none.

Also, make sure you have the right RGB color percentages and that your units (Utilities > Options... > Units > Color Units) is set to 0-255 and not %.

Gary

Gary,

I never got to the transparency tool. When I tried to apply the RGB orange color to the flat fill using the Fill Tool, my result looked wrong. Wasn't I supposed to apply the orange color with the Fill Tool? Exactly how was I supposed to "apply the RGB orange color"?

Howard

P.S. My units (Utilities > Options... > Units > Color Units) are set to 0-255 and not %.
    Last edited by anotherhoward; 21 June 2007 at 09:10 PM.

Select the clone.

Open the Color Editor.

Select RGB Color Module

Enter the 2 values.

If this does not work let us know and we'll delve deeper.

Gary