Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Hair Tut?

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Hair Tut?

I was playing around with a technique that I saw on a previous post http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=27726 and tried to recreate it. I was overall somewhat dissatisfied with my results and amazed by those shown on youtube.

What I was hoping for (from one of you gifted people out there), was a tutorial on how they achieved the effect, at something slower than warp speed. While I attempted only one of the icons that they showed on the video, I was hoping for a general tut on any style of hair.

I am sure that I'm not too far off, with my attempt. I think that I need help mostly with my coloring/shading or highlights/lowlights if you will. Oh, and I intentionally left the hair on my drawing shorter.

Thanks in advance,

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bcire68; 29 June 2007 at 01:37 PM.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: Hair Tut?

Eric

I think you have done an excellent job. The stylized bevel effect works fine.

I'd make the face thinner however.

Gary

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Gary,

Thanks for the compliment and advice (which I have taken). I had to work at this for a long time and I'm still not completely satisfied with the ends of each side. Maybe it is the mark of someone who cares too much. The only reason that I got as far as I did was because I had an example to follow. Again I'm not sure that all of my color choices work well especially on the ends.

Again thanks for the advice.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

As to hair - you can try (again) to use my SPRAY program.
    You can get it from http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by/spray.htm

See attached XAR file with detailed instructions. Maybe this will help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by

Thanks Demetri,

That is pretty neat application (of your aplication). I never would have even thought about it that way. While I was looking for a more stylized type of hair, I've tried to create something more realistic too and not been satisfied by the results there either.

I'm going to have fun playing around with this.

Eric
    My Club. My Album.