Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: outline trace a JPEG as a template???

Fuerza,
    LOL! I think when you see how I do it you'll understand how easy it really is to do this. I'm attaching the Xara file I've been using and you can see what I've done. It's really easy. You place your graphic on one layer, make that layer uneditable, create a new layer over which you trace your original image.
    The reference to 30 seconds was to the last rectangle I drew and shaped, I did not apply the 30 seconds to drawing the whole logo. That would take about 15 minutes if I were pressured. If I had the font used in the logo it would take me less than that.

ron
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 20 June 2007 at 06:53 PM.

Took me about 25 seconds to do this much.
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample4.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	39111  

Ahh, took me 4 more minutes to add the spikes or rays.
    ron

Name:	sample5.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	39112  

Some of the lettering done in 10 min. However, I can't tell what font it is exactly.
    ron

Name:	sample6.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	39113  

That's as far as I'm going to take it. To learn the program is by use, learning the tools. You can't expect to pick up a new program and immediately appreciate all that it can do.

ron

Wow!!

Ron,

First, you must understand...I was not expecting you or anyone to do this for me. You just seem to know the ins and outs of this program and I am impressed how far you have gotten in such little time. My newbie status to Xara is making it a bit difficult to figure out the best way to get design aspects done on this logo. I truly appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and experience on how to design the various elements in this logo. I will continue to plug away as the learning experience will make it easier for me to do other things in the future. Again, thanks...

Do you know of any tutorials that tell how to cut in half a drawn triangle in order to apply two different colors to it? I'm currently working on the rays.

Also, any tutorials how to make text bend with the curve of a shape?

Here's one thread that should help with your text bending question.: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t=bending+text

For the triangle: Draw a line across the triangle where you want the separation of colors to be. Select both the line and the triangle and do a "ctrl4". This will slice the triangle in two.
    ron

Fuerza,

If you're short on time, you might try here:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/sear...rand_id=137483

But you'll have to convert the Illy CS2 .ai file to something Xara can open/import.

Hope this helps.

- Steve

Actually,
    I just now opened it with Adobe Reader and saved to my desktop as a pdf, and then imported it into Xara Pro using the merge option.

Great suggestion, Steve. I didn't realize the brand was that well known.

ron