Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unhappy Re: 3.2 for vista 64BIT?

I removed and re-installed the Hotfix 938194, this time letting it go through overnight. This made no difference to my Xara 3.2 install.

Default Re: 3.2 for vista 64BIT?

I've got a support ticket into Xara regarding this problem. They have not been able to reproduce my problems.

I did find that when I am running 64-bit Vista in a virtual machine ( we use VMWare here) that Xara 3.2 worked perfectly. I do know that the virtual machine software does intercept the graphics calls.

Have you made sure you have the latest video drivers for your card? If you have then you should try turning down the hardware acceleration setting. On XP this setting is in Display properties, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshooting dialog but I'm not sure where it is in Vista. Try turning it down to the minimum and if that works ok then turn it up one notch at a time until it starts having problems again. Then tell the makers of your video card what settings it does and doesn't work at.

Gerry

Thanks for the response; that was what I was going to try next.

I'll first try to find where ( and if) I can modify the hardware acceleration with my current drivers before I try getting the latest from ATI.

I did make sure that I had the latest drivers through the "Update Driver" button from Display Settings/Advanced Settings/Adapter tab/Properties/Driver Tab. The driver Provider is ATI Technologies Inc, date is 8/21/06, version 7.14.10.830.

I'm going to go to ATI and see what drivers they have available for Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgrrl View Post
    I'll first try to find where ( and if) I can modify the hardware acceleration with my current drivers before I try getting the latest from ATI.

I'm going to go to ATI and see what drivers they have available for Vista.
    You should be able to find this setting in Vista under:

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Adjust Screen Resolution > Advanced > Troubleshoot > 'Change settings' button