Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3.2 & Xpe

Default Re: 3.2 & Xpe

I basically got the same, on a work PC where I had never installed any version of Xara before.

What happened was a few options appeared on the right click menu, "Edit with Xara Pro", "Edit with Xara picture editor", (In fact two version of Edit with Xara Pro). However when you double clicked, or chose edit with Xara Picture editor, it opened in Xara Xtreme Pro (and a new version started even if Xara was open).

I was able to fix things by setting always open with to "Paint", and now "edit with Xara Picture Editor works as expected. Haven't tried switching things back yet.

Regards

Lee

I've installed Xtreme Pro 3.2 on several computers that have never had any Xara software installed.

None of them have changed the association of image files. The images still open with the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer when double clicked in Windows Explorer.

All the computers I worked with are running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and all current security patches and updates (including those for June 2007).

The machines were an assortment of those here at work, including an IBM Thinkpad T-40, Compaq Evo D310, and Dell Optiplex GX620.

Which version of Windows are the people that have the issue running?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Which version of Windows are the people that have the issue running?
    Windows XP Profession SP2

I did have XPRO3.0 installed before downloading 3.2

Hi BQ,

At home I installed Xtreme Pro 3.2 over an existing installation of Xtreme Pro 3.02. The file associations did not change when I made that install.

This sounds similar to the Progress Bar issue that some people have with XPE. Some people have the problem and some do not.

All the machines I have tried are configured for US English with the US keyboard.

Do you have a different configuration?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi BQ,

At home I installed Xtreme Pro 3.2 over an existing installation of Xtreme Pro 3.02. The file associations did not change when I made that install.

This sounds similar to the Progress Bar issue that some people have with XPE. Some people have the problem and some do not.

All the machines I have tried are configured for US English with the US keyboard.

Do you have a different configuration?
    Bill,
    Same configuration.
    BQ

Yes, but the cause of the progress bar issue is likely very different (and hopefully fixed for the official release).