Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi,

I'am amazed by the .swf export of Xara-X!

How come the exported .swf looks perfect in the standalone Flash player, but when I import the movie in Flash it looks like crap? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hi,

I'am amazed by the .swf export of Xara-X!

How come the exported .swf looks perfect in the standalone Flash player, but when I import the movie in Flash it looks like crap? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'm not convinced about it myself. I made a sumple shape, a star with a 4 point outline, then dropped a solid gradient onto it. I exported it, and only the outline showed up. Actually, whilst making more complex pictures, I found that exporting as .ai worked better than .swf
    That can't be right?

Apart from being too many threads about Flash export (very confusing to know where to put this!)

I have this to say.

Some of my most complex Xara vectors look great in the Flash Player (not FLASH) but like everyone I seem to be finding out they look awful in Flash.

Why don't the boys and girls at Xara call up Macromedia and find out how to do it properly. They must have already talked to them at some point.

Believe it or not exporting to a SWF file format is pointless unless you can use it in Flash, else your web pages are going to look pretty static and naff!

I don't want XaraX to animate my vectors I'll do that in Flash, I just want to draw it in Xara and be able to animate an accurate and consistent representation in Flash. To be honest if it doesn't do it I might as well not buy XaraX as this was my main reason for getting it!

Miffed Mr Bump.

P.S. Freehand 9 exports perfectly to SWF format as does GoLive!

PLEASE XARA don't mess this up and fix the export!

[This message was edited by Mr Bump on October 07, 2000 at 04:00 AM.]

[This message was edited by Mr Bump on October 07, 2000 at 04:02 AM.]

See the tips in Why no animated Flash export thread.

I also have a problems in SWF import in the Flash 4. It's strange that the best way is to export XaraEPS files for the each frame of animation and than import them to Flash.

I hope that in a future (in the XaraXI) I can find an option such as export to the Flash librarian item - movie.

I hope that I can find there a feature such as transparency of several previous and next frames in animation (how in make in Flash).

I hope!

Grek

Working with Flash files requires some knowledge of the limitations inherent in Flash.

Flash does not support fountain fills other than linear and circular. So, even though Xara can export a zippy looking image with a conical, elliptical, diamond, and other kinds of fill, Flash looks at these fills and says, "huh?"

Same goes for transparency. Anything other than flat transparency is ignored by Flash.

You cannot force (or fool) Flash into accepting operations that it does not support.

Perhaps, the solution here would be to adopt a warning message, such as the ones used by DRAW 10, that warn of non-Flash compatible elements.

(Of course DRAW 10 also warns me that my RGB Web-safe colors are not RGB-Web safe colors and so one would hope for more accuracy if Xara adopts this warning system).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

XaraX can export a .swf file.

Flash "players" seem to show this file ok but the "program" screws up some of the .swf files.

So......

What if XaraX could "import" an finished annimated .swf file from Flash, edit it, then "export" if back to .swf? The "player" should (hopefully) still play this same (and now much higher quality) .swf file just fine.

This would not be unlike what we can now do with annimated gifs and XaraX (import, edit, export).

Comments?... good or bad [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

Anyone? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

Is it something I said? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!