Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 3.2 problem

3.2 problem

Well I just bought 3.2 pro upgrade, downloaded the demo version as instructed and installed it. After the install Xara xtreme pro 3.2 started and I unlocked it as per instructions. Program ran normally as near as I can tell. After I explored a bit, I exited. All Normal. Now when I try to run Xara Pro, it starts to load, then I get the MS friendly message, "We;re sorry but Xara has encountered a problem and has to close. etc." I now cannot run xara.... Help.
    J B Lansing

Default Re: 3.2 problem

Hi JB,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Can you provide more information?

Which version of Windows are you using?
    Are you running any Antivirus or Adware/Spyware protection.
    Are you running any registry protection software.

Have you tried an uninstall and re-install?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi I'm running XP, McAfee Security which has registry protection that I disabled for the Xara 3.2 pro installation. I am also running Spy Doctor as spy ware protection. All of which could be a problem, but have not been with any of the dozens of applications installed of my computer. I don't see why Xara should have a problem.
    And no I have not uninstalled and reinstalled. I was reluctant to loose all my settings from my originall xara xtreme pro.
    The strange thing is that it ran fine when it started after the installation.
    J B

Have you restarted your computer?

You probably have tried everything I can suggest. I personally have not seen this problem.

Have you checked the Application Event log using the Event Viewer in Administrative Tools (in Control Panel)? You may find an entry that would indicate why Xara Xtreme Pro did not start.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

As much as I'd love to pin your problem on McAffee, it isn't its fault this time.

Your problem is one common to all Xara software and has been for years. See http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...38&postcount=5 for the fix.

Question Re: 3.2 problem

Well I tried Daniel's suggestion and it worked, after two reboots. Then I went back to the original settings and after a reboot it worked also.

So.... Never mind.....
    J B