Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: 3.2 Toggle grrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

How many people actually ever use the Push Tool and what was wrong with using the new hold down the scroll wheel and drag option?

Gary
    Me lots - and I use the scroll wheel and still will. In actual fact the combination of now being able to set wheel motion to zoom plus the wheel drag for push is a real bonus for me in the upgrade
    I've already said my bit on this topic so I wont go on except to say I do think its a real mistake to keep messing with shortcuts without giving the option to revert, to those who have got used to working that way - the fixes mentioned here are partial only applying to XXP [if I have understood correctly] which is ironic for non pro users who are probably less concerned about illy compatability.
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 June 2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I tried to push tool just to see what it does when I first bought Xara X ages ago, but then never used it again.

I have to admit that until yesterday I had never used any of the keyboard short cuts other than the space bar to toggle the Selector Tool. I relied on the right click pop up menu and the tool bars.

Yesterday I started using the Alt+S to toggle the Selector Tool for the first time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I wrote an AutoHotkey program to return Xara 3.2 non-Pro to the default behavior for the spacebar key. In order to run it you must first install AutoHotKey on your system. It can be gotten free here:

http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

After you install AutoHotkey just unzip my program in any directory and double click on it – XaraKeys2.ahk

The spacebar will now toggle between Select and the last used tool.

One warning however, the spacebar will always perform this behavior in Xara, even when entering text. Therefore you must pause the program by Right clicking on the green H icon in the system tray and selecting “Suspend Hotkeys” from the context menu. The green H icon will change to a green S icon, indicating that the program is suspended. Do this again to restore the spacebar behavior.

Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Robert - That's terrific.

I asked around and Shortcuts is only for Xtreme Pro so your auto hot keys program will do the trick.

Gary

Your welcome Gary. It can be easily modified to add additional remapped keys. This includes assigning menu items to a shortcut key.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    WordStar was the standard and I loved the keyboard shortcuts it and all other top software of that time period employed.
    For typists, the WordStar shortcuts were incredible. I never had to take my hands off the keyboard to do anything.
    I've never been able to find any logic to the WordPerfect shortcuts and haven't even seen the program in over 10 years.
    Me either. Intellectually, I recognize that using, say, F2, Alt F2, Control F2 and Shift F2 for related functions could be logical, but my brain just won't process that way.

I know I've mentioned before that, back in the DOS days, one of my sisters (who's smarter and more technically capable than I am) had to create a document while she was visiting me. The only wordprocessor she'd ever heard of was WP. Although she'd been using it heavily for several years, she still had to access help frequently to get the command keys. I gave her a very brief intro to WordStar. Like me, she understood the command structure on contact and finished the document in short order.
    Does anyone even use it anymore? Wasn't it a product of some company in Canada that also had (or has) a drawing application
    "A product of" in the sense that they currently own it and continue to develop it. Marketing, of course, has never been one of their strong suits.

Yes, there are people still using it, although the numbers are dwindling. There are still people using WordPro, too. (Me, for one.

Hey guys

I'm using the right mouse button for pushing and it seems fine. Am I missing something here?

I also use it with Shift/Ctrl for zooming. The thing I would like though, is for the position of the last cursor click to be kept at screen centre while zooming in.

BTW . . My wife has asked me to say that she reckons WordCraft was better than any of them. Ignore her. She's just trying to start an argument.

Word Craft or Word Star? I have never heard of Word Craft but please don't tell your wife that.

Gary

Sorry folks...

There was a problem with my program for returning the spacebar to it's original functionality. It turns out that the way I determined if Xara was running did not work correctly (actually it worked correctly only the first time on my system when I was testing it). Please use the following program instead. Sorry for any confusion this my have caused.

And again here is the download for AutoHotkey which is required to make this program work:

http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

After you install AutoHotkey just unzip my program in any directory and double click on it – XaraKeys2.ahk

The spacebar will now toggle between Select and the last used tool.

One warning however, the spacebar will always perform this behavior in Xara, even when entering text. Therefore you must pause the program by Right clicking on the green H icon in the system tray and selecting “Suspend Hotkeys” from the context menu. The green H icon will change to a green S icon, indicating that the program is suspended. Do this again to restore the spacebar behavior.
    Attached Files Attached Files