Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Likes and dislikes about the new version 3.2 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by sgiff View Post
    Yeah, exactly looks terrible. In what scenario would you find this type of aliased text useful for anything?
    ???

It looks no more terrible than it would if it was output by Photoshop at 96 dpi and imported into Xara. So, it is useful for exactly what you were using Photoshop for, while eliminating the need for Photoshop. In a real-world scenario, you would probably create the bitmap copy at 600 dpi, not 96, and it would be much clearer. Photoshop would not get you something any clearer, as you are dealing with inherent pixelation of rounded edges.

Unless you did not state the problem constraints clearly...

ps - view the example bitmap up in a pixel editor, and you will see that the text is not antialiased, while the gradient comes through properly at 24 bpp.
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 12 June 2007 at 07:11 AM.

Also I really hate the new color bar. Is it possible to open the old one. I would like to have primary colors at least added to the one that is now in 3.2.
    Here's a template with all the old Primary Colours set as named colours plus a TalkGraphics background colour and 2 further named colours & shades of those colours (Base1 and Base 2)

Just download it and save it as your default template. You may also have to go Utilities / Options / View and untick the "Delete unused colours when opening and saving" option.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I like the new color bar. I used my own color templates a lot, so the new arrangement suits me well.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Quote Originally Posted by sgiff View Post
    ... I like the new features with the smart color but it's going to be a pain to have to right click and select a menu every time. It would be nice if you could [ctrl+rightclick] to still set the line color. s.g.
    Note that you can now use Shift+leftclick to set the line color quickly. So if you can get into the habit of using this, then you don't need to turn off the right click color menu. In future there are likely to be more useful options added to the right click menu so it's good to keep it enabled.

Neil

"It looks no more terrible than it would if it was output by Photoshop at 96 dpi and imported into Xara. So, it is useful for exactly what you were using Photoshop for, while eliminating the need for Photoshop."

Apparently you haven't used Photoshop for typesetting copy as it would appear in a browser without anti-aliasing because it is no where near the same. And raising the resolution would not change that. The following image shows the difference the one on the left obviously created in Xara while the one on the right is Photoshop.

Are you saying that the one on the left would be acceptable to present to a client. That is my point.

s.g.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-vs-ps-text.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	38764  
    Last edited by sgiff; 12 June 2007 at 01:27 PM.

Hi S.G.,

the problem is well known since years and not solved from the Xara developers.

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    Note that you can now use Shift+leftclick to set the line color quickly. So if you can get into the habit of using this, then you don't need to turn off the right click color menu. In future there are likely to be more useful options added to the right click menu so it's good to keep it enabled.

Neil
    Really pleased you gave the option though Thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

see also this thread for left/right/whatever clicks

I wish people would RTFM more

sgiff:

Thank you.

This is the most humungous shortcoming of Xara.

It is not solved in 3.2?