Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Layers

Layers, I think it would be a simple change to make layers quite improved. Right now every time you add a new layer it goes all the way to the top of the list, then you have to drag it down to where you want it and if you have a lot of layers this can be annoying at the least. Why cant it add the new layer above the one that is selected. My other major time waster that I wish they would have added for layers is there is no way to solo view a layer like in Photoshop, so that if I want to turn off all other layers and only view a particlar layer I have to manually turn them all off. Has anyone used layer comps in PS, this is one useful feature. I wish Xara had it.

Default Re: Likes and dislikes about the new version 3.2 Pro.

I really dislike the new space bar behaviour. It seems like a bit of a step backward in functionality - what were they thinking!

Thanks to Gary and the XaraXone for pointing out the way to set it back to the correct way of working.

Just to balance that a big thumbs up to the new right click to duplicate. Very subtle but it does speed things up!.

What do you mean by that. The space bar now emulates all Adobe Apps which is nice actually.

s.g.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post

Just to balance that a big thumbs up to the new right click to duplicate. Very subtle but it does speed things up!.
    I'm a little unsure about this *new* right click to duplicate ?
    In the previous version right-clicking on an object, hold-drag-left-click will duplicate it. Is this now different in 3.2?

I still prefer and find it faster using Ctrl+D to be honest, it's how most graphics progs I use handle duplication.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    In the previous version right-clicking on an object, hold-drag-left-click will duplicate it. Is this now different in 3.2?

I still prefer and find it faster using Ctrl+D to be honest, it's how most graphics progs I use handle duplication.
    In the new version, just right click and drag drops a single copy on release - no need to press left click. All old behaviour still works though. This is faster than duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by sgiff
    What do you mean by that. The space bar now emulates all Adobe Apps which is nice actually.
    That's cool if you use Adobe apps as well, I suppose. If you don't, and you only use Xara, then the change is rather abrupt from what you've gotten used to.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    In 3.2 if you initiate the drag with the right click, it duplicates right away, so that when you stop the drag it drops a duplicate automatically. You can still left click while dragging to make additional duplicates though.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    Love your work!