Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

I seem to be getting quite a few error messages (illegal operation) with 3.2 but the good news is it does not shut down XXP I can click continue
    I will wait and see if the cd install is more stable (when it arrives) before reporting the errors.

Hi Doc,

I have not seen any error message using 3.2 Pro. What type of errors have you seen?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill, I have had errors on about 3 sessions so far all were something like illegal instruction could not access 0x*******

I should have noted down the exact message :blush: (next time I will do a screen dump of the error)

I am pleased to see NeilH's comments to us folks here in the real world. I work mostly on a Mac at home (as well as a PC w/ XARA/CorelDRAW X3) and have had Canvas installed previously. I was on the forum for that application also, only to see almost zero feedback from Canvas brass about the concerns professional Canvas users were making that were all heartfelt and real about the program. Until just recently they were told that NO upgrades were to be expected for Mac users. I still use CorelDRAW 11 on my Mac cause Adobe wants 1GIG OF SPACE! to install Illustrator and Inkscape doesnt behave well at all on either my Mac or PC.

I am not a professional graphics user, but I am pleased to see NeilH's comments to us folks here in the real world. I work mostly on a Mac at home (as well as a PC w/ XARA/CorelDRAW X3) and have had Canvas installed previously. I was on the forum for that application also, only to see almost zero feedback from Canvas brass about the concerns professional Canvas users were making that were all heartfelt and real about the program. Until just recently they were told that NO upgrades were to be expected for Mac users. I still use CorelDRAW 11 on my Mac cause Adobe wants 1GIG OF SPACE! to install Illustrator and Inkscape doesnt behave well at all on either my Mac or PC. So I will continue to view here to learn more about an awesome program. Way to go NeilH. Looking forward for the CD to arrive for my PC, since no one seems interested in developing Xara for the Mac platform. (not a gripe, just reality)

Chuck

Hi Chuck

Have you tried Parallels Desktop? Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 (and previous) seems to work fine (altho' I haven't done any heavy duty stuff with it yet). You do need an Intel Mac though.

Best wishes
    Amanda

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Quote Originally Posted by TXchuck2u View Post
    I am pleased to see NeilH's comments to us folks here in the real world.....
    Thanks for your comments! I'm sorry if some people's requests get ignored and others take a while to get a response but there's a lot of threads and it takes a lot of time to keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    I seem to be getting quite a few error messages (illegal operation) with 3.2 but the good news is it does not shut down XXP I can click continue
    I will wait and see if the cd install is more stable (when it arrives) before reporting the errors.
    Please don't wait for the CD to report any serious errors, because we'd like to fix them before we produce the CDs if at all possible. The CD will have the same problem if we don't pin the problem down beforehand. The most valuable thing you can do is to reproduce the problem. Submit a XAR file and instructions on how to reproduce the crash. Then we can fix it. If we can't reproduce it it's very much more difficult for us to fix it until we can and the person who encounters the error is best placed to try and reproduce it.

Thanks

Neil

Anyone try the new release with Paint Shop Pro version 9 (last one from Jasc) yet?
    Would like to know if the interface will work with it. I would expect it to...

Considering the upgrade because I like the idea of the color line changes and the ZOOM feature now tied to mouse!
    Don't like that it will overwrite the same folder as I currently have XXP in so that makes me hesitate to try it.
    Last edited by samrc; 18 June 2007 at 02:16 PM.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

After upgrading to 3.0 pro two months ago, yet another version!
    I am a xara-user way back on the Artworks-version for the acorn archimedes (1987)
    After getting xara for the PC I was pleased not to see a new version every year ( as with other famous packages).
    Now with the introduction of the german partner Magix, it suddenly all changes.
    As I am also into digital photography I was initialy pleased with the added RAW_import feature in version 3.2.
    After playing with the trial version 3.2 and browsing the program files I did a nasty discovery.
    The filter used for importing RAW is dcraw.exe
    This is a exellent program for this job.
    But it is not a newly written program, I even costs nothing, it is freeware.

See http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

So, I have to pay for added freeware????
    This is just one example, big chance that there is other freeware in the system.
    For long-time users there should be a minimum fee for this type of upgrade.
    In the past xara use to post free 'patches' with added functions.
    Nowdays they calling it an upgrade and charge you for it!
    Just to please the Magix investers???

A dissepointed fan from Belgium.
    Last edited by mongarem; 18 June 2007 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samrc View Post
    Anyone try the new release with Paint Shop Pro version 9 (last one from Jasc) yet?
    Would like to know if the interface will work with it. I would expect it to.
    Yes, I tried it with PSP 9 and it does appear to open okay