Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Agreed. I have xara3D6 already.
    And I don't need magix foto clinic as far as I can see - I have pixel editors and painters aplenty.
    I am one who also has 3D6 I do not need another and it is rarely used.
    The demo version does not have foto clinic and that is the one of the reasons to get the upgrade, why did they miss that out as it is part of the whole package?
    So what pixel editors and painters would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Prewett View Post
    I have set mine to c:\windows\notepad.exe: it loads instantaneously and can be closed immediately when you accidentally double click a photo and the blasted bitmap editor opens up.

Please let us have a "No editor" in the next version, or allow the double click / Return option to be turned off. It's worse now than it was before because it takes effect on bitmap filled shapes as well as bitmaps.

I am one who also has 3D6 I do not need another and it is rarely used.
    The demo version does not have foto clinic and that is the one of the reasons to get the upgrade, why did they miss that out as it is part of the whole package?
    Why indeed.
    I don't think it is Magix policy to give free demos on their software - such faith they have.

As for which to get - what do you want to do with them?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I have set mine to c:\windows\notepad.exe: it loads instantaneously and can be closed immediately when you accidentally double click a photo and the blasted bitmap editor opens up.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Please let us have a "No editor" in the next version, or allow the double click / Return option to be turned off. It's worse now than it was before because it takes effect on bitmap filled shapes as well as bitmaps.
    say a mouse click editor as well as a keystroke shortcut editor?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Why indeed.
    I don't think it is Magix policy to give free demos on their software - such faith they have.

As for which to get - what do you want to do with them?
    It is interesting when they offer a free trial and then leave out part of the package.
    How can one appraise what is for sale when you cannot see what is being sold.
    Like taking a car for a test drive and being told you cannot see the dashboard until you buy it.

Just a bit more than the photo editor does, do not need Photoshop, perhaps have to get my head around Gimp.

It is interesting when they offer a free trial and then leave out part of the package.
    How can one appraise what is for sale when you cannot see what is being sold.
    Like taking a car for a test drive and being told you cannot see the dashboard until you buy it.

Just a bit more than the photo editor does, do not need Photoshop, perhaps have to get my head around Gimp.
    Not sure gimp will work as xara external editor on windows. Quick test shows it will open when double clicking in xara, but a question mark over whether it will save back correctly.

That said gimp is a very good editor indeed and can always use .png to transfer.
    I use photoshop elements a lot - even though mine is version 2 it still does most of what I currently need [channel splitting being an exception].
    Nothing lasts forever...

The release notes say "This feature has been tested with Adobe Photoshop CS, Corel Paintshop Pro X and Gimp".

From the description of the feature, what's happening with stuff other than XPE (and probably Magix) is when it edits, it saves the jpeg to disk for editing, then invokes your editor, and watches to see when the file changes to automatically bring it in again.

In fact I recall mention that in order to support this the image is converted to a PNG if it's a jpeg, so that it doesn't suffer generation loss, with the side effect that it can make your Xar file tons bigger if you use a lot of large jpegs.

My assumption would be that this would work with anything that's capable of working with a PNG file.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Hi Odat

Yep I read the release - that's why I said question mark because it apparently should, but for me it didn't when I did a test.
    Using the long suffering xara cat clipart - exported to gimp 2.2.14 removed background with transparency/color to alpha, and saved - but it didn't load back into xara.
    May be a path thing but I have it installed as windows default [+ gimp gap, with GTK 2.10.6-1].

Seems to work fine with PSE2 and PS6.
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thumbs down Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

Oh my, the new Update brings Albacore problems with PDF import, the PDF export isn't compatible with Corel Draw, there is this ominously layer bug, the progress bar error isn't repaired, the SVG export is not complete and SVG import isn't available in the year 2007, I don't see necessary improvements to the text tool, the text antialiasing problem isn't addressed, named colors aren't automatically added to the color bar, and all in all there are no new vector features available (no, I wouldn't talk about the missing scripting functionalities, because it seems to be utopian to expect such a thing from Xara).

All in all I'm really willing to support the further development of Xara Xtreme Pro. But I'm not willing to support these strategies to sold $49,- updates and increase the price tag for Xara Xtreme Pro from $199,- to $249,- and try to argue this with a bundle of (in my eyes) not so professional tools like Xara 3D there and another old MAGIX tool there. And that means, that I'm not willing to invest money in such kind of "progress".

I need a professional product with new vector tools and some of the discussed new feature ideas in this forum.

I will wait for the next upgrade/update, in order to see whether the Xara developers are really listen to the needs of their professional users and their tons of suggestions for a better Xara Xtreme Pro - postead already here in this forum.

Remi

I've decided to miss this update too.
    It would appear also that Win 98 SE is no longer supported, so I guess I ought to wait until I get a new computer, and that means waiting for Vista SP1
    Tony
    Last edited by tonylondon; 14 June 2007 at 02:16 PM.