Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I recommend going for the upgrade from your current version of Xara Xtreme or Pro or previous version and see what the discount is calculated for you.

You can always cancel the purchase if you decide the upgrade price is more than you want to pay.
    Ah-so you're saying there is a discount for users like me who own BOTH XXPro and f Xara3D? Sure would have been useful if they had made that clear in the 'prices' section of the announcement.

EDIT:No mention here:

http://xara.com/products/xtreme/upgrade.asp

of a discount for users like me who own both Xara Xtreme Pro ***AND*** Xara3D. What do I need another copy of X3D for?
    Last edited by Doug; 12 June 2007 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Perhaps it's a good idea to offer a "naked" Xara Xtreme Pro upgrade - I don't need such a software like Xara 3D or MAGIX foto clinic.

Remi
    Agreed. I have xara3D6 already.
    And I don't need magix foto clinic as far as I can see - I have pixel editors and painters aplenty.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes I know an extra X3D is a waste for some of us (I think I may pass some of my spares onto friends!) but we are talking about $64 (with postage etc), so they might drop $10 off. For those of us who use XPro some or all of the time professionally, the tweaks will save most of us at least an hour a month so that will pay. And for the others, either don't upgrade or regard it as a charitable donation which keeps Xara interested in upgrading our favourite software.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Ah! I have seen nothing I don't like yet in Xara Xtreme 3.2! I'm still digging in the candy dish of the king of vector arts. Lime anyone?

A department manager where I work sends out a quote for the day every morning. The one he sent today seems to be appropriate

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -- Maya Angelou
    That is not to say you cannot identify a problem. The attitude that is projected when you make the problem known determines if it is a compaint or a helpful notification.
    Last edited by Soquili; 12 June 2007 at 03:24 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    A department manager where I work sends out a quote for the day every morning. The one he sent today seems to be appropriate
    Yeah, I would go to the manager and make very clear not
    to send me any quotes of the day anymore. Unless he/she
    gives an opt out option. (man, that would
    be the pits, your manager as a spammer.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

So Do I have Until July 6th to upgrade ? I think that is what I read , I might be able to afford it by then .

I have downloaded the upgrade and I will try it out.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    "If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -- Maya Angelou

I don't agree with this quote. Just because you can not change something does not mean that it is right. And this does not mean that your attitude is wrong. Sure no one wants to hear constant complaining.
    But if no one ever complained many things would never change. Sounds like a manager.

Every silver lining's got a
    Touch of grey

Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Fortunately for me, he is not my manager. My manager is about 200 miles away in another city and I only hear from him once a week on a 30 minute conference call with all the other network administrators

So far I like the new version and am getting comfortable using the few changes to how the previous versions operate.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Congrats Xara on the new version
    I'll have to check it out to see if it's worth purchasing. The pro version offers some nice stuff too

This page contains mainly the new features in this release.

Have there been other bugfixes except for the ones reported on that page? I don't think the release notes (.pdf) contained much more than this and I had expected more of a "full report" in there; as the above page says: "And many other miscellaneous improvements including...." so I figured there's more