Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Default EMF import and the equation editor

Hi,
    I do not want to mess with my Xara installation by installing the trial over my actual version. One thing that could push me to upgrade would be the possibility of importing equations from MS equation editor into XaraX. We had some discussion about this in the past but I was wandering if the new EMF import feature has solved this problem. Does anyone of you tested this with the new version? If you have, I would be very grateful to you to reporting it here.

Best regards,

Murat

PS. I use other software for importing and exporting and filters by Xara seems quite unreliable to me. They should really reconstruct them in order to keep up with the competition (even if they are much more able for simply doing complex effects).

Default Re: EMF import and the equation editor

wrong thread...sorry.

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

I do not think so, since it is about a new functionality of the new version (EMF import). Moreover its is related to my decision to upgrade or not and it seems to me that many discussions in this thread are about the same decision...

Murat

Hi yildi, I was referring to my post, not yours.

Oups, sorry :-)

Default Re: EMF import and the equation editor

Quote Originally Posted by yildi View Post
    Hi,
    I do not want to mess with my Xara installation by installing the trial over my actual version. One thing that could push me to upgrade would be the possibility of importing equations from MS equation editor into XaraX. We had some discussion about this in the past but I was wandering if the new EMF import feature has solved this problem. Does anyone of you tested this with the new version? If you have, I would be very grateful to you to reporting it here.

Best regards,

Murat

PS. I use other software for importing and exporting and filters by Xara seems quite unreliable to me. They should really reconstruct them in order to keep up with the competition (even if they are much more able for simply doing complex effects).
    This is something I've experienced directly. I have a Math Type equation in Word which I wanted to paste into Xara. Apparently they have new EMF/WMF filters which allow this in 3.2.1. I came across an example which didn't work though, and submitted it to them. I think they are working to make sure you can paste equations like you ask for the final CD release. If I hear anything (and remember), I'll let you know.

Thank you very much for this feedback Xhris!
    Best regards,
    Murat

One thing I am wondering about.

Did Xtreme cost $79 when I bought it? It still costs $79, so what are the upgraders from Xtreme 3.2 paying for? The PRO version has gone up in price
    just about what Xara3D6 would cost, if they bought it seperately.
    (I did, now I have two, why would I need two?)
    So the upgrade price I payed is now also visible in the purchase price.
    But what about Xtreme? It seems the same price as before? Did the upgraders
    get any new features? o my concklusion must be that most of the changes
    are in PRO. The xara3D6 is not a new feature, but I have to pay for it.
    Not such a big deal for me, if I would be able to pass my old version of
    xara3d6 on to my brother and he could register that one, but that is just for me. I am a bit puzzled how these up pricing works???
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Well I have all the Xara products including Xara Xtreme. I thought I would check to see what an upgrade to Pro would cost me. Xara say's it's $170!

Well, not to gripe, but why? I'm not really interested at that price. I probably would have bitten for $60 or $70, but not $170. Why so much for us long time Xara product users? I can upgrade Illustrator for $199 or my whole CS2 suite for $399. And I don't need another copy of X3D.

I guess I now have to choose.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Red what version are you currently using or the most recent version or upgrade you purchased? Did you use the Upgrade/Discounts button on the Purchase page?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update