Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

Version 3.2 of Xara Xtreme and Xara Xtreme Pro are now available for download and purchase from our website!

You can find an overview of What's New in 3.2 on our website here:
    http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/whatsnew.asp
    but you can also download full release notes with the trials from here:
    http://www.xara.com/downloads/xtreme/
    (72 pages for Xtreme 3.2 and 18 pages for Xtreme Pro).

Prices:
    The Xara Xtreme 3.2 upgrade is priced at $49 with an introductory offer price of $39
    The Xara Xtreme Pro upgrade price is $59 with an introductory offer of $49
    (plus VAT and shipping where relevant, intro offer lasts 4 weeks and ends 6 July. If you purchased Xtreme or Xtreme Pro in the last 6 weeks then upgrades are free, there's only the cost of shipping).

Upgrading:
    Please review the features and improvements, try the new versions, and then decide whether the upgrade is for you. The upgrade for Xtreme owners is more substantial because it's been longer since the last version (2.0). For Xtreme Pro users this is a smaller upgrade (from version 3.0 to 3.2) and some may decide not to upgrade and wait for the next update. However for regular users of Pro we think that you should find some of the improvements worth the upgrade price (e.g. even minor points such as being able to resize rounded rectangles and keep the round corners, or the new improved zoom, or integration with external photo editors, make a substantial difference to the usability and workflow).

And compared to the recent upgrade of Adobe Illustrator (equivalent of $300 in the UK, more than the full retail price of Pro!) we feel the price is easily justifiable.

WARNING for PRO 3.0 users
    You can download a trial of the new version, but this will install over your existing version without asking you. If you later decide not to upgrade then you will need to un-install 3.2 and re-install version 3.0 from your CD.

Regards,

The Xara Team

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

Woot!!! Nice upgrades

The right click copy is worth its weight in gold.
    Haven't had time to like other features.
    Question though:

I now can export Flash Animations in Xara Xtreme (not Pro)

Is this a surprise? Yay! tytytytyty

>>Getting the following message when trying to unlock the trial using the same credentials I purchased the upgrade (XX Pro) with. Am I missing something?

Scratch that. Wrong download. Not firing on all cylinders today. Down with cold...
    Last edited by StevenWWinters; 11 June 2007 at 09:10 PM.

Did you press trial instead of unlock?

Win 98SE now not suported??? Bad news...

Thumbs up Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

Downloaded Xtreme Pro 3.2 upgrade
    Installed
    Purchased
    Unlocked

Works first time - brilliant!

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Wow. This is pretty cool.

"If you've ever drawn a line and then clicked a color and wondered why the line color didn't change, then you'll appreciate the new smart object coloring. Xtreme not detects whether the shape is open or closed and a left click will now set the line and fill color of an open path (i.e of an unfilled shape)."

I hope that there is a discount for those of us who already have X3D6. I think that $49 is a great price for the extra functionality of X3D, but if you already have it...not so much.

I'm installing the trial now. I guess I'll see soon.

Eric

I just checked...no discount for owners of X3D6...bummer.
    Last edited by bcire68; 11 June 2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Updated information
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Well, nice upgrades. Mark me disappointed though: still missing the two features i most need to move from Corel Draw.
    I avidly adopted Xara in version 1.5 several years ago, when supervising designers at a sign shop in Houston, Tx. We followed the actions of Corel buying into, using and then suppressing Xara's many innovative technologies.
    Were sad to see it become a hard to find for purchase ghost for quite some time, only available in clipart collections.
    We could do things in Xara that would take twice the number of dialogs and klunky entry methods in Corel draw and the video help files could not be beat for training new users. We were missing a few tools back then that made us keep Corel draw for some tasks, while others could not be beat.
    For the great big Kudo: searchable clip art. We found clipart collections to be nearly useless without a searchable index. We would pore over printed catalogs of cheap stock art, and end up scrapping them because xara could search for font styles and clip art internally in the program. We no longer needed an external library manager with searching like Thumbs Plus.
    Number one need then was a contour tool, very useful when cutting vinyl on plotters.
    It finally came along after two more versions. The other two i'm still waiting on:
    Dimension tools, and Spell Checker.
    Spell checking prevents the printers worst nightmare: 5,000 copies of a misspelled word going off the press.
    dimension tools we worked around by making reusable graphic blocks, but they have a problem. during constant revision, they don't follow size changes of the objects and have to be manually edited. Creating a chance for typos that go to the production shop and create waste in cut materials that don't fit.
    I'm telling you, I'd never suggest to others or use another drawing program if Xara could add dimensioning and spell checking.
    Otherwise, i found little about the upgrade that would make me more efficient. Many of the additions i've already worked around, like customising the menu with a paste attributes button.
    So keep up the excellent work. In an age of horribly bloated programs yours is still a gem. For example, i just went to test the new CS3 lineup from Adobe. Horrible. takes up twice the disc space and requires twice the memory of the CS2 models with little or no improvement in functionality and quite a lot of added bugs. We call this progress?
    I must say, xara has always been amazingly fast and leaves a small footprint for all its features.
    Dimensioning and Spell checker, you've beat Corel draw and all the others to their knees.

Quote Originally Posted by ripcobalt View Post
    dimension tools we worked around by making reusable graphic blocks, but they have a problem. during constant revision, they don't follow size changes of the objects and have to be manually edited.
    Hi, Please could you explain a bit more what you mean by a 'dimension' tool? I couldn't figure out how it was supposed to work.

Hey ripcobalt, welcome to TalkGraphics.
    No idea what dimension tools are but counting on a vector program for your spelling needs wouldn't be the best idea...