Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Pro 3.2 is $39 ???

Just got the Xara Outsider email.

In it they say: 'We hope to launch 3.2 in the week commencing 4th June, upgrades will start at $39'

Most software companies give free 'point updates' (3.0->3.2->333, etc) until the next full number version version because they often contain necessary bug fixes.

I hope that we are not going to be asked to pay for multiple point updates every year as well as the full version major upgrades.

As a present owner of Xara Pro 3, I really do have to question Magix's intentions if this is any indication.

BTW-this will have to be WAY more than a bug fix point update when Xara is now asking $39 for it.

Not impressed at all.

Waiting here, but not expecting much.

At this rate, Xara Pro will cost $500 in a years time.

Not at all XARA

Default Re: Xara Pro 3.2 is $39 ???

Doug when Xara has provided bug fixes for previous versions they have been freely available as a download.

Release 3.2 of Xtreme Pro will be more than a bug fix I am sure as the change is from version 3.02 to version 3.2 a fairly sizable increase as upgrades go.

The upgrade price is very low compared to other software I use that charge $200 USD or more for a point upgrade.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Doug when Xara has provided bug fixes for previous versions they have been freely available as a download.
    I know that-so why has that changed?

Release 3.2 of Xtreme Pro will be more than a bug fix I am sure as the change is from version 3.02 to version 3.2 a fairly sizable increase as upgrades go.
    You are sure? Do you know what's included but an NDA prevents you telling us? Or are you just hoping? I hope you're right, but I have a bad feeling that this is the start of a trend.

The upgrade price is very low compared to other software I use that charge $200 USD or more for a point upgrade.
    It's not low if they charge $39 now, then again a couple fo times before 4.0 comes out. Sorry, I've seen it all too many times before-this just sounds like an attempt to milk the cash cow. Hope I'm wrong, but...

I'd love for there to be frequent paid-for upgrades and updates.

Xara Xtreme has been underpriced and underdeveloped for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post

Xara Xtreme has been underpriced and underdeveloped for years.
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post

Xara Xtreme has been under priced and underdeveloped for years.
    This may be so but as already mentioned, this clearly appears to be price gouging.

Before when Xara introduced a significant upgrade I bought it every time without questions having faith in Xara both the company and products.

Now I sense a sinister plan in the works by MAGIX. I already don't trust them over this and I now feel my sense of loyalty has disconnected.

I plan to upgrade once in a blue moon now because I don't like what I see happening here.

Personally I believe many others should and will do the same. These new tactics will clearly ruin a once good relationship I enjoyed for many years (Corel Xara) with Xara.
    Last edited by ED; 30 May 2007 at 10:46 PM.
    The BEST is good enough!

I for once feel relieved and start to believe in Xara even more, now that there gonna be (hopefully) frequent bugfixes and more upgrades. Using Xara daily myself I appreciate it's value to me. I'm happy to pay as long there's some development going on.

Xara Ltd hired a couple of people from what I read here in the forum and they need to get paid - and I'm happy to support.

With only a few days to go, wouldn't it be a bit more logical to just wait and see?
    It's easy for us to invent fantasies of what may or may not be coming but only Xara staff are truly aware of the whats on the horizon.
    I for one love Xara Xtreme Pro (current version) and have not read anywhere that I will be forced agains't my will, to upgrade to the new version.
    It seems by some of the posts that people believe they will be

Doug I think you misunderstood my statement.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soquili http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

I know that-so why has that changed?

There has not been a change, the fact that there is a cost to the upgrade indicates it is more than bug fixes.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Doug I think you misunderstood my statement.

the fact that there is a cost to the upgrade indicates it is more than bug fixes.
    Based on what proof?

Or are you just being optimistic? As I said before, I do hope that I'm wrong-very much so. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Wait and see.