Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New XPRO

Default Re: New XPRO

Bug fixing does take some time too (sometimes more than programming it from scratch again), it's nobodies fault and someone has to do it. You sound like "There's a Bug Xara. It's your fault. Now fix it for free.". Most bugfixes I've seen so far in other software products have been offered for free download, yes.

But in this case, going from 3.02 to 3.20, Xara will have some bug fixes included and has to add brand new features, that's at least what I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ED View Post
    These "point" numbers mean nothing other than to make you believe you're getting something worth the price of the upgrade? (bug fixes?)

There are still many bugs outstanding from when I purchase Pro (just read this forum) and now I see I have to pay for these bug fixes which should have been free to meet their commitment of the original Pro version specifications.

I have a very bad feeling about this MAGIX merger/takeover.
    >>These "point" numbers mean nothing other than to make you believe you're getting something worth the price of the upgrade

Well that’s a very cynical view, completely unfounded based on Xara’s record.

RE: bugs: Critical bugs that stop work flow seriously, e.g. major crashes/loss of data, I'm sure would be patched immediately on discovery. Xara however, is one of the least buggy pieces of software of its level of complexity out there. It does contain some bugs that are discovered as it’s used, but they are only relatively minor, hence why they are addressed in successive updates.

RE: the merger: there is not the slightest shred of evidence to substantiate any "bad feelings". This is the fastest turnaround of a Xara update there's been in its history. The coming upgrade from 3.0 to 3.2 is twice as large as the upgrade from XaraX (version 1.0) to XaraX1 (version 1.1). For completeness: XaraX1 (1.1), Xara Xtreme (2.0), Xtreme Pro (3.0), Magix Graphic Designer (3.1 I think), Xtreme Pro 3.2 (3.2).
    Last edited by Xhris; 31 May 2007 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    >> The coming upgrade from 3.0 to 3.2 is twice as large as the upgrade from XaraX (version 1.0) to XaraX1 (version 1.1). For completeness: XaraX1 (1.1), Xara Xtreme (2.0), Xtreme Pro (3.0), Magix Graphic Designer (3.1 I think), Xtreme Pro 3.2 (3.2).
    What supporting information (link maybe?) do you have that supports your claim that going from 3.0 to 3.2 is twice as large as the others?

Do you have a list of bug fixes for this coming release?
    Do you have a list of new features for this coming release?

How can you say "twice as large"?
    The BEST is good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by ED View Post
    What supporting information (link maybe?) do you have that supports your claim that going from 3.0 to 3.2 is twice as large as the others?

Do you have a list of bug fixes for this coming release?
    Do you have a list of new features for this coming release?

How can you say "twice as large"?
    My supporting evidence: the number 0.2 is twice as large as 0.1, thus it's twice as large in number is all was meant. If it was assumed twice as many features in the upugrade, then to reverse the question: yes, what evidence is there to support such a claim? But we tittle-tattle...
    Last edited by Xhris; 02 June 2007 at 02:30 AM.