Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Unable to change anything

i have a file of coreldraw format there is a pic which is bitmap but on that pic there is also text which is not bitmap, morefurther i can't rotate or move that pic i try alot i thought it's lock object but it's not i can't change any text there i don't know why?? pls tell me how to move that pic i also checked that page options setting there is no image in background or also not solid background i hope someone knew abt that....

thanks in advance....

Xarif
    IP

Default Re: Unable to change anything

Quote Originally Posted by zarifkhan View Post
    i have a file of coreldraw format there is a pic which is bitmap but on that pic there is also text which is not bitmap, morefurther i can't rotate or move that pic i try alot i thought it's lock object but it's not i can't change any text there i don't know why?? pls tell me how to move that pic i also checked that page options setting there is no image in background or also not solid background i hope someone knew abt that....

Xarif
    Hi Xarif. Are you sure the text is not part of the bitmap? Click VIEW | WIREFRAME to see if the entire bitmap image grays out with the text. If it does, then it is part of the bitmap.

If not, then the text is on a different layer. To check this, click on TOOLS | OBJECT MANAGER and take a look at the layers, clicking on the little eyeballs to turn their visibility on and off to detect which layer is doing what.

By the way, these instructions are for CorelDram X3, but should be good for older versions too.

Ed in Columbus, OH
    IP

Not only can objects individually be locked or locked in groups, whole layers can have their editability turned off. There is both an "eye" icon which when in color, the layer is visible, when grayed out, it is not visible. Likewise, there is a pencil icon that when enabled, the layer is editable and when grayed out, is not editable.

It could be the editablity of the layer is turned off.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

thanks Ed and Saly for your help, i got succeeddddd, thank you very much....

thx
    IP