Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: What are the Worst features in XPro

Perhaps it's a personal quirk, but this has always annoyed me, with almost all brush engines LOL!

In the brush options, why isn't spacing affected by scaling?

I know this may seem obscure to some, but take the chainlink brush for example. If you allow scaling to be affected by pressure, the size of the links will deminish as the pressure eases, but the spacing doesn't seem to allow for the smaller elements, it stays constant.

If the spacing could be linked to the scaling variation, this would give you a 'faux perspective' effect (no overlaping forms, of course). In the example given, the links would seem to recede from the viewer as the pressure eased (or the line shape thinned), this would be a very useful option. Imagine being able to simply lay a path to show a lace pattern flowing around a skirt hem, or a paved road winding off into the distance.

If you can include an option for random spacing, it seems to me not to be too big a stretch to allow an option to link spacing to scaling?

I understand that few would see the benefit of this (I've had this discussion before), so the demand may not be enough to bother adding such an option.

Brushes are top of my fix-this list, and that sounds like a very good idea to me Mark.
    Adding a pressure sensitivity option to every attribute you possibly can in fact.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

For me, it's the four-sided limitation on moulds. This restriction is the only reason I keep CorelDraw installed on my PC.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

I've mentioned this in another thread:

Update the Galleries
    a. Change the text buttons (New, Delete, etc.) to Icons (with tool tips) for a better look and less screen real estate
    b. Allow more than one Gallery to be tabbed together on a single line for docked Galleries (see DrawPlus8)
    c. A dropdown list of categories for a Gallery (instead of the current list, which for some Galleries takes up most of the screen real estate before even showing the category items. This would also allow selecting a Gallery category more efficiently without all the scrolling - see DrawPlus8)
    d. Allow dragging of drawing objects into a Gallery to create a new Gallery item (for the Line, Clipart and Fill Galleries)
    e. A new toolbar button to toggle all displayed/docked Galleries on and off
    f. Reliable horizontal resizing of docked Galleries (this fails 60% of the time, the cursor changes but dragging does not change the docked Gallery size)

Brush Tool using skeletal strokes (see Expression3 and DrawPlus8)

Layer Gallery (work flow improvements)
    a. Create a New or Copy layer without the dialog box coming up first (or allow user to define this action)
    b. Double Click on the layer name brings up the name dialog box, plus add a layer color selection option (see below)
    c. Change the Arrow column icon to a Pad Lock icon (more explicit)
    d. Simplify the Eye icon - Remove the eye lashes (easier to view)
    e. Clicking on the Eye or Arrow/Pad Lock column header icon toggles all the layers on or off for that property
    f. Allow color coding layers in the name dialog box plus include view and lock checkboxes

That the current line colour always changes to black when the line width is changed.

-Bob.
    •Bob

1. That some objects appear to have a red outline when on a white background.

2. And that the x y coords always start out at .5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red outline.png 
Views:	298 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	37936  
    Last edited by aridzone; 15 May 2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: gripe 2

Quote Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
    I've mentioned this in another thread:

b. Double Click on the layer name brings up the name dialog box,
    Already does this (B) in Xara Pro.

I would just like to see Brushes work more like what they did in Expression even back when it was owned by Fractal Design, the vector brushes looked more like brushes i.e. the strockes themselves bent around curves, not just folowed curves. Also Illustrator has similar feature with brushes.

One of the best features of Xara Xtreme Pro is the great color handling together with named colors. And the worst feature is, again, the color handling, but for CMYK colors (or better the lack of a own CMYK color mode in Xara Xtreme).

I'm also a little bit disappointed with the PDF import filter and some bugs of the PDF export filter.

Remi

The worst feature of XXP? It is addictive!