Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: What are the Worst features in XPro

I am also having some issues appear by way of the pdf export filter. seems to be randomly generating or merging groups and layers?

It is not accurate to my drawing.

OMG, I can't believe I forgot to add: those damn jumping buttons in the XPE! Incredibly irritating.

I would also add the issues with Intuous 3 graphics tablets, but they're apparently magically fixed in 3.2.

I also think outline dragging for alterations to quickshapes and lines should be solid dragging by now (ala inkscape). Maybe this will be addressed in the next version?

On a more wishlist note:
    The bitmap tracer could also be improved.
    The mould tool could be improved as discussed in a number of threads recently.
    Enhancements to the shadow and bevel tools would be welcome.
    Last edited by Xhris; 16 June 2007 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    I also think outline dragging for alterations to quickshapes and lines should be solid dragging by now...
    Add outline dragging of moulds to that too.

That the current line colour always changes to black when the line width is changed. This happens when no objects are selected. I saw this post a few pages back and it happens with my projects a lot. Being a newbie, I have a lot of trouble setting the line width and color when changing to different colors or starting a project. I know this is day one stuff, but I saw nothing about this in the manual. I had to figure it out by myself, and still don't know if I really know how to set the color for objects or lines the correct way. I have my ritual that I do. I guess the key is to make sure no objects are selected when making the changes. I also find myself constantly having conflicts with local line color and the fill color option. I make changes to an object, say with the fill tool and suddenly I realize that I left the color editor set to local line color, so I have to change to local fill color. I don't know of a better way to change that because its already simplified into one editor.Well enough complaining. I love the program, hopefully there will be some changes in the upcoming versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    Add outline dragging of moulds to that too.
    Most things could become 'Live preview' actually. E.g. shift-dragging on red column line of a text column to rotate could be live. Otherwise it's trial and error.

What I dislike most about all Xara products including XPro is the installer/activation, have to get a final cd pain in the butt. (two damaged discs received here for Xara products so far so it's not like that's a great idea anyway) I can burn my own disc. I buy tons of software online, multiple CDs worth like Vue 6 are available download only. I never need to get a final disc to keep the software working. I sure hope that comes about for Xara products.

Smart installers can back up files that are about to be changed (and registry settings) just in case you don't like the new version. You remove the trial manually or when it times out it tells you that it will uninstall the trial version if you don't wish to register and revert back to the installation you had prior to the trial installation - or the trial should be able to run in its own space with its own registry settings that don't conflict with ANY existing prior versions and uninstalls cleanly. I wanted to try the new XPro upgrade trial but it wiped out everything, including the freaking subdirectory/folder, when I uninstalled it because the trial just wouldn't run without crashing installed over my CD version. The uninstall of the 3.2 trial deleted everything, clipart, brushes - not just program files. (thankfully I use Norton Ghost and have every file backed up but that's beside the point)

I want smarter installers and uninstallers. No need to delete the clipart and such when you uninstall the trial upgrade that was installed over a purchased version, sheesh. Ability to purchase download only version with pdf manuals, no shipping, no cracked discs from Europe, no wait for the "final" version. Printed manuals sold separately for those that find they need one later is always a good idea.

I would prefer zoom work with no keyboard keys using scroll wheel option (a toggle preference). I'd rather use the mouse to drag the scroll bars and zoom with the wheel. Don't care for how XPro handles zooming now.

The Galleries

Reliably changing the horizontal sizing of docked Galleries (this fails 60% of the time, the cursor changes but dragging does not change the docked Gallery size).

Sizing the Clipart, Fill and Bitmap galleries is not retained between Xara sessions. They also change the docked gallery sizes. These sizes should be retained to whatever the user last set it as.

Change the text buttons (New, Delete, etc.) to Icons (with tool tips) for a better look and less screen real estate

Allow more than one Gallery to be tabbed together on a single line for docked Galleries.

At the very least color code the Layers Gallery (in the dialog box when adding and changing layers). Also create a new layer without the dialog box, work flow issue for me (this could be user selected in Options).

Add a dropdown list of categories for a Gallery. This would also allow selecting a Gallery category more efficiently without all the scrolling. The Clipart Gallery currently does this.

Allow dragging of drawing objects into a Gallery to create a new Gallery item (for the Line, Clipart and Fill Galleries)

A new toolbar button to toggle the display of all docked Galleries on or off.

A new Style Gallery. Store everything about an object except its shape. A style can then be applied to other drawing objects. Have checkboxes on the top of the Gallery for the attributes that can be selectively applied to the other drawing object(s) - Shadow, Bevel, Fill, Contour, Transparency, Line plus All and None buttons. Allow dragging any drawing object into the Style Gallery to create a new Style. Allow renaming the Style. Allow named style categories (like the clipart, fill, line Galleries).