Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why cant i get this

hello. im having a hard time figuring this out.
    I dont know why but here is the problem as simple as it is.
    I cant make a argyle pattern.Here is a link of what it should look like.
    im tryinign to make two rows and have the dotted lines across is where im running into problems.where they join,It comes out all cross crosseed over each other and looks messy. Any help would be awsome.

http://www.bettzdesigns.com/images/R...Argyle-Red.jpg

Default Re: Why cant i get this

Hi Dirty Daddy and welcome,

the dotted lines across is where im running into problems.where they join,It comes out all cross crosseed over each other and looks messy
    This is probably because you're trying to use a dashed line. Unfortunately you don't have a lot of control over dashed lines. (see top image in attached xar file.)

The best method would be to create a short line at the bottom of the dashed line, clone it and move it up to the other end of the diamond. Then create a blend between the two. This gives you a more controlled dash pattern. Just clone the blend and flip horizontally. Select both blends, group and copy until you have the desired pattern as in the lower image.

Excuse the misspelling of Argyle.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

oh my god!!.. thank you so much, this was the most fustrating thing.
    the corners always bend wrong. the one you made was more then perfect.
    I have been working on this for more then a week to make a tshirt.

thank you
    mike
    Edited by EGG: URL removed. Please remember this forum is visited by young people as well as others who may find this offensive. EGG
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 11 May 2007 at 02:16 PM.

Glad egg could hep ya..

email the fithy link, please.... i need distractions when i am drawing sometimes.

geo.

Geo,

The link wasn't filthy (nor fithy), just inappropriate for these forums.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host