Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Administration System for website

Hi Availor. That's great you're going to start your own business. Especially when you're younger - No children (I'm guessing from your being in school and your photo in drag )and plenty of energy to burn the midnight oil!

There are some very good points about CMS from everyone. I would point out a few things. From my experience and knowing my clients, most CMS apps go way over the top on trying to provide to much and often overwhelm the client with how to use the darn thing. They're way to confusing for the lay person. I ended up building my own simpler CMS for my clients. It was very easy to use for them.

I do need to point out one thing though. Most of your clients won't know jack about optimizing images and such. In essence they'll be more than happy to upload a photo say for example that will be over a 1 meg in size not knowing they created an issue for the visitors to the website. I've had all kinds of issues with my clients and CMS apps.

In essence, be prepared to do a lot of hand holding and customer support.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by RedWombat; 12 May 2007 at 03:40 AM.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?