Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What there is always room for...

Another excuse for bling. If your Jell-o isn't giggly enough, happy and singing, then you haven't experienced the joys of the Mesh tool. Yes, this wonderful mound of quivering edible raspberry goo was engineered by that hard to understand and irrepressible tool, the Mesh tool. Greatest tip, is that you can override the default setting which is 3 x 3 found on the Property Bar after you draw your shape and click on the tool and make the tool 1 by 1 (or grab the node edit tool and get rid of all nodes except the corner ones) which allows you to place lines parallel to the edge of the drawing when you enter a point, or in this case, the Jell-o mold. You can tint happily away like this. Of course you can color it. But then you have to make it more fun. As to the way of the Jell-o text, Contour tool mixed with the gradient tool. It does some amazing stuff. The text on a curve is done in radial gradients.

And BTW, vignettes aren't just for funeral folder portraits, you can add them to anything you want, as a bitmap to fade that puppy into the background.

wOxxOm, whom some of you know from oberonplace.com, writes some extremely cool scripts that could make you want to bling, I mean, sing. Because it adds a lot more by adding an editable feathering to what ever vector you might like.

Here is a page of great scripts and I hope you do get something out of it.
    http://recentfiles.netfirms.com/

(And the Jello-o).

Corel isn't so bad when you can earn your living with it and get paid to sit all day and slave (more like play often) at your computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jello.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	37801  
    Last edited by sallybode; 09 May 2007 at 06:13 AM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Default Re: What there is always room for...

Cool jello.
    Never could get to make the mesh tool to work the way I want it to, though. But your picture gives me the inspiration to have another go at it.
    Thanks for the link for the scripts. Are they version specific? Some of the scripts looks useful to me. But I'm cheap and still hanging on to Draw 11...
    IP

Most of his scripts have an .exe with them which senses which version of DRAW you have so long as it is 11, 12 and X3. Earlier versions are out of luck. And because they are executables, it puts the script where it needs to go in your GMS folder. You still have to find the script in DRAW, and either use keyboard shortcuts which you need to assign or likewise if you add a toolbar button. But it is worth the effort. Scripts and their shortcuts really do add onto the functionality of DRAW.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    Another excuse for bling. If your Jell-o isn't giggly enough, happy and singing, then you haven't experienced the joys of the Mesh tool. Yes, this wonderful mound of quivering edible raspberry goo was engineered by that hard to understand and irrepressible tool, the Mesh tool. Greatest tip, is that you can override the default setting which is 3 x 3 found on the Property Bar after you draw your shape and click on the tool and make the tool 1 by 1 (or grab the node edit tool and get rid of all nodes except the corner ones) which allows you to place lines parallel to the edge of the drawing when you enter a point, or in this case, the Jell-o mold. You can tint happily away like this. Of course you can color it. But then you have to make it more fun. As to the way of the Jell-o text, Contour tool mixed with the gradient tool. It does some amazing stuff. The text on a curve is done in radial gradients.

And BTW, vignettes aren't just for funeral folder portraits, you can add them to anything you want, as a bitmap to fade that puppy into the background.

wOxxOm, whom some of you know from oberonplace.com, writes some extremely cool scripts that could make you want to bling, I mean, sing. Because it adds a lot more by adding an editable feathering to what ever vector you might like.

Here is a page of great scripts and I hope you do get something out of it.
    http://recentfiles.netfirms.com/

(And the Jello-o).

Corel isn't so bad when you can earn your living with it and get paid to sit all day and slave (more like play often) at your computer.
    Your project is really good, I like the Jello theme and chrome look on the letters. I saved in my favorites ,the scripts website you refered too.
    IP