Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magix Xtreme!

Exclamation Magix Xtreme!

I've got a advertising email from Magix:

MAGIX Xtreme Foto & Grafik Designer

That's the new german version of Xara Xtreme!
    It's currently available under the german homepage from MAGIX.

EUR 59,99 - available May, 5 2007

Together with bitmap effects, MAGIX Foto Manager and it seems, there are a new vectorizer (or only a new interface - not sure).

It seems also, that the results of the Graphic Design Bounty are included.

Remi

Default Re: Magix Xtreme!

Very interesting. Does that mean us not MAGIX customers gonna get a new Xara too?

I wonder if the bitmap to vector tool is the good ol' Xara bitmap tracer or a new product (with hopefully better results of monochrome images)?
    Last edited by Nostaw; 25 April 2007 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    Very interesting. Does that mean us not MAGIX customers gonna get a new Xara too?
    Charles should comment this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    I wonder if the bitmap to vector tool is the good ol' Xara bitmap tracer or a new product (with hopefully better results of monochrome images)?
    I'm not sure. Perhaps it's only the graphic designer from MAGIX who has added some vector items above a photo to visualize the tracing process.

Found other interesting new features in the product info PDF:
    • Horizont begradigen - (engl. "straighten the horizont in a picture")
    • Magische Auswahl von Flächen - (engl. "Magic wand tool")
    • über 60 weitere Effekte und Funktionen - (engl. "more than sixty further effects and functions") and that statement is not about the normal vector functions, but about the (new?) photo module

Remi

Just at a guess the new product appears to be the Magix Digital Photo Maker with Xtreme's vector tools added. I saw a reference to web space, but I am not well versed in German so it may have been a reference to Magix Website Maker which includes 250MB of web space.
    Last edited by Soquili; 25 April 2007 at 02:16 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Just at a guess the new product appears to be the Magix Photo Maker with Xtreme's vector tools added. I saw a reference to web space, but I am not well versed in German so it may have been a reference to Magix Website Maker which includes 250MB of web space.
    Hi Bill,

MAGIX named the new product "MAGIX Xtreme Foto & Grafik Designer". It seems, it's a combination of "Xtreme Foto Designer 7" (former "MAGIX Digital Foto Maker") and "MAGIX Xtreme Grafik Designer" (former "Xara Xtreme"). - A graphic tool bundle like Corel offers.

MAGIX offers their customers some additional services with each product. One service is the MAGIX Online Album (engl.) - a service to publish your photos on the Web together with a photo community - and another service is the MAGIX Website Maker. As far as I know, the MAGIX Website Maker (engl.) is better than Xara Webstyle and works with Flash and not with HTML.

The last free product in the bundle is the MAGIX Foto Manager (german) - a solution to organize a photo archive.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 25 April 2007 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks for the clarification, Remi.

I should improve my knowledge of German, but it has been about 30 years since I lived there and memory gets weak as time passes
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'm sure, the english version of the "MAGIX Xtreme Foto & Grafik Designer" product page will be available shortly.

"Magic wand tool", etc etc. !

Ay Caramba!

As far as I see in the product info PDF, the "Magic wand tool" is only a tool of MAGIX Xtreme Foto, but not the same feature as discussed here.

If Xtreme really contains any version of Xara, its a great deal for EUR60.
    The photo editor seems to have some cloning/healing tool as well. Not bad value.