Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Xara X and Picture editor: Progress Bar error

Have a problem with my picture editor from within Xara X... when I load a picture or drawing into Xara X and then from withing take it to picture editor
    I get a bar that says processing but it never does... I reloaded the program
    three times, with no luck. the odd thing is if I use picture from outside
    Xara X it works fine... Took the program to my other computer which is
    loaded with music (my music that I play) the program works fine..
    I have asked the team at X and received one suggestion but that did not work...If any can help I would be grateful..This just started happening all by itself.
    SkipD

Default Re: Xara X and Picture editor

Hi Skip,

This is a well known bug and one the Xara team haven't yet solved. It only effects a small number of computers and even these small number have varying degrees of the problem.

On my machine, if I double click an image, I get the dreaded progress bar. However if I right click the image XPE opens and works fine. Other unfortunate souls get it regardless of how they open XPE.

Do a search on "progress bar".
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara X and Picture editor: Progress Bar error

Well its not just me thanks.. I can live with it awhile..
    but it is bothersome..
    again thanks

I wonder if it is specific to a processor or mainboard? for info my mainboard is an ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI Premium 1.02 my cpu is an AMD X64 4600 dual core. lots memory over 2 gig 20.5 flat screen.. Is the configuration too fast, slow? It would be interesting to take a poll of the users that are having this problem to see...
    SkipD
    It is only with the heart one sees rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye

Quote Originally Posted by skipD View Post
    I wonder if it is specific to a processor or mainboard? for info my mainboard is an ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI Premium 1.02 my cpu is an AMD X64 4600 dual core. lots memory over 2 gig 20.5 flat screen.. Is the configuration too fast, slow? It would be interesting to take a poll of the users that are having this problem to see...
    SkipD
    It is only with the heart one sees rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye
    I suspect it isn't. I was the first to report this bug a long time ago, and it has been raised for discussion several times since. The closest the bug has come to being solved came when I managed to find a reliable procedure for making the progress bar appear that works on all the computers I've tested it on so far. These repeatable methods of causing the bug to happen are what Xara asks for to be able to identify the cause and fix it. The ball is now in Xara's court for fixing it, and I suspect users now just have to wait for it to be addressed. However, with the integration of a new updated version of Magix Photo Clinic being incorporated into Xara, XPE and the associated bug may become obsolete. Time will tell.