Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Defaulting "Area to Save" to "Page"

Hello!

Is there any way to default the "Area to Save" option on the export menu, to "Page"? This is nothing crucial, but it would save me some time, because I select that hundreds of times. If I could pre-define "Page", I would be even more happy

Thank you!

Default Re: Defaulting "Area to Save" to "Page"

Ive been thinking this forever but never said it. Ditto.

A sticky option would be the best solution, since there are some people who need to default to page and others (like me) to selection.

I searched the registry and cannot find an option for the Area to Save.

Not all options may exist in the registry as a simple on or off. Some have to be manually entered, but only the developers know if that is possible.

Hopefully GerryI or PhilM or Charles will see this and let us know if it is available in the current release.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

PS- I can understand that if the user selects a selection of objects before export, that it would automatically default to that, not page. But if there is nothing selected, I would assume a default to page... Maybe it's just my brain... Or, yes, sticky would solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallis View Post
    ...if the user selects a selection of objects before export, that it would automatically default to that, not page
    That makes sense, although I do have concern about software that guesses what I want since the guesses are frequently wrong.

I usually find that setting an explicit default that I can a) override on the fly, and b) easily change, is a better solution.