Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anybody agree with .....

Sometimes I wonder why Corel doesn't take the very best of Paint Shop Pro and put those features into Corel Photo Paint. I work in Photo Paint - then go to Paint Shop Pro and it's like I'm in a different Country. I guess one should take either one or the other - but I've supported Paint Shop Pro all the way to X - and sometimes still don't undestand the logic of PSP compared to Photo Paint. Does anyone noticed that - or just me - alone

Bill Wood
    IP

Default Re: Anybody agree with .....

As an animator and tagger i must say that PSP was good until Corel bought Jasc. Nowadays its more for digital photographers...
    JMHO.
    IP

Because the programmers and designers for JASC's Paint Shop Pro had more talent and insight than the programmers and designers for Corel did and do.

The concept of the JASC designers was to make something.

The concept of the Corel designers were to fix something.
    IP

Sad but true
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Crazycarita, above you noted you are an animator and a tagger. What's a tagger?

Regards, Ross
    IP

Hi Ross
    Tagger is a person who makes for example personalized sigtags, animated or not.
    Sigtags with your name on them are like signatures you can use in emailing and forums etc.
    They can be for example pictures, animated or not, or just your name with some effect on text etc.
    Also a pic with a word like "thank you" is what taggers do. We call them extras or comp sets.
    Some tags say hello, some say sorry etc.
    Hope you got the idea, im not good in explaining things in english. Gosh, im not good in it
    even in finnish, my own language
    Last edited by crazycarita; 06 April 2007 at 11:37 PM.
    IP

Greetings, Crazy...

I think your explanation was very clear. And, for what it's worth, in reading your other posts, I would not have guessed that English was not your first language.

Your English is better than that of the average American...and a LOT better than that of the average person in my home town (Miami, Florida)
    ---
    Will
    IP

PSP 7 was, is, and will always be my favorite. I went as far as X and I was disappointed. 7 is easy to use and the palette system works the best while giving the most work space possible. To me it's the most usable and now that Corel took over I don't think I would bother to upgrade further but that's just my view.
    IP

It's interesting that the word "tagger" has taken on that meaning. I'm more familiar with taggers as street artists doing grafitti. Tagging a building or rail car meant spray painting something on it.

Learn something new everyday!
    Please visit my photo galleries: www.pbase.com/soenda
    IP

LOL thanks WolfMoonHP! Ive noticed that many americans do not write pretty correct but then... as long as its understable everything goes.
    DAL, ive heard so many saying they will never change PSP7 to newer versions. Even Dajimo, my animator tutor and one of the greatest imho, sticks with 7.
    soenda.... well i guess a tag is a tag... on a wall or on screen )
    IP