Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Changing something into vector format

Hi - can anyone help me here? I am no graphics whizz and need to urgently chance an image into vector format to send it away to the printers. If anyone could help me that would be really appreciated and hopefully I could return the favour.

My e-mail is robbieforsyth@gmail.com or I'll check back this thread.

Hopefully this isn't a big problem for someone and it would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Robbie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Changing something into vector format

Why not download the free trial of Xtreme or Xtreme Pro and learn to do this yourself?

Perhaps someone will come along and post the link to Egg's video on how to carve out a graphic and conversions of bitmap to vector. There are several good threads here on trace conversion and how to make vector art.

Thanks for that, I definitely want to learn and will download the programme when I get home.

However, just now I'm on my work computer which I don't have access to downloading programmes on and need to sort it for when the printers close in just over an hour. If anyone could help me this one time I'd really appreciate it.

Now I am confused.

How are you going to submit a vectorized art if you don't have the means to export it to a vectorized art for printer prep?

Most vectorized art gets converted to bitmap anyway.

Is it not possible to convert that image to vector format? If not I'm stuck, if it is then I just need someone to help me out and convert it then send it to my e-mail for me to forward on.

Thanks

robbief,
    There is no "conversion" tool or software that I'm aware of at the moment. What you would have to do is trace the logo in a vector program like Xara Pro.
    Maybe someone else knows of a better way, but I don't.
    ron

Please stop these "Asking for freebies" threads.

Remi

I've had jobs like this many times where people want to use an existing logo but only have bitmap versions of the artwork.
    It comes to me and I vectorise it by charging money to do the work, ie manually trace the image. If the client is happy with the look of the result they pay for a vector file.
    If you are interested send me a message.
    Auto trace in any programme I know will not yield clean results as perfect as a manual trace, if you find one let me know, it will save me hours.
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 03 April 2007 at 07:03 PM.

The cost to the graphic artist is often never understood by the people making requests.

Time to manually draw the logo takes away from the artist's livelyhood if they are not being paid for the work.

Time to locate the correct fonts and the cost to purchase them may also be involved. Again, taking away from the artists earnings if there isn't a paying customer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You need to learn how to do these things yourself. Attached is a Xara trace of your logo. Check out Paul Soderholm's excellent Guest Tutorial - From Line Art to Clip Art.

Of course the joke of it is, your printer probably cannot work with a Xara XAR file so you are going to have to figure out how to export the logo in a format they can use. (Hint - PDF)

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files