Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can`t get PSP X to open CR2 files

I`m new to this digital age.I`m using a Canon XTi and shooting in RAW.I can`t get my images to come up in PSP X.They are a CR2 file.When I bought my computer it came with PSPX already on it.I`ve used jpeg with no problem but cant get raw to work.The images show up in Corel Photo Album 6,and the Canon software that came with the camera.Can anybody tell me what I need to make this work?
    IP

Default Re: Can`t get PSP X to open CR2 files

I would check your preferences to be sure you have CR2 checked as a supported file extension (File, Preferences, File Format associations). I think it's actually CRW, which includes CR2.

Also, I think the XTi, came out after PSPX, make sure you have the latest update to support the XTi.

My two cents:
    I'm not crazy about PSP for processing the RAW. I use the Canon Digital Photo Professional (as it retains camera settings) to make adjustments, then convert to TIFF for PSP.
    There is also a default setting you might want to change (File , Preferences, File Format Preferences) that opens Smart Photo Fix automatically. This makes it take even longer to open the file in PSP. If I use Smart Phot Fix at all, its normally after I resize.
    Last edited by Crypto; 01 April 2007 at 05:31 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Can`t get PSP X to open CR2 files

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto View Post
    I would check your preferences to be sure you have CR2 checked as a supported file extension (File, Preferences, File Format associations). I think it's actually CRW, which includes CR2.

Also, I think the XTi, came out after PSPX, make sure you have the latest update to support the XTi.

My two cents:
    I'm not crazy about PSP for processing the RAW. I use the Canon Digital Photo Professional (as it retains camera settings) to make adjustments, then convert to TIFF for PSP.
    There is also a default setting you might want to change (File , Preferences, File Format Preferences) that opens Smart Photo Fix automatically. This makes it take even longer to open the file in PSP. If I use Smart Phot Fix at all, its normally after I resize.
    Sorry it`s taken so long to get back here.
    Checked my file extension and CR2 is picked,still no good.So I e-mailed Corel about my issue and PSPX dosen`t support the RAW file from my XTi and probably never will.So I use Canon DPP and then convert to make work like you suggested and it works OK.
    Thanks for the info!
    IP