Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stop & Post March 2007

This is my second posting of an Auburn. They are both 1935 models, but with slight differences. The maroon one is from a couple of years ago and the 'baby blue' is current.
    Interestingly, back in the day, if you had the money, you could order not just any color but other distinctions which greatly individualized each owner's car.
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35auburnroadster.jpg 
Views:	834 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	36785   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35auburnspeedster.jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	293.0 KB 
ID:	36787  

Last edited by Ron Duke; 02 April 2007 at 10:25 PM.

Default Stop & Post April 2007

Whoops, missed the begining of the month again! Haven't got time to post my own starer image this month. Rules as always. Just post what you're currently working on, it doesn't need to be completed, just where you're with it at the moment.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Stop & Post April 2007

lovely Ron,

dunno if the sparkles add anything, but the purple one is fine. getting damned good at this.

and now for something a tad more prosaic.

the making of flowers for the still life started last month has proven to be at least as difficult as i thought it would be. Taking a break to work on recreating a font which got destroyed in a system catastrophe some time back. it is moving rather slowly, largely because I have learned some of what i did wrong the first time. maybe by the next version, i will have learned what is wrong with this one.

Name:	saiorse demo.png 
Views:	799 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	36791  

GeoBen,
    Really nice font! I've done a couple of very simple fonts. This must be taking some time to produce! Have you thought of a name for it?
    ron

You are getting almost as good as me at drawing cars Ron, who do I think I'm kidding?. Beautiful job as always Ron.

Thanks Ron,

Good to get feedback from someone who has experience. I knew nothing when I started this... but the net is a good resource for some things.

I call it "Saiorse", which is Irish for "Freedom". I needed one for my own design work and all the 'celticy' fonts I have are a lil too fanciful or just poorly made.

It is taking very long... i have spent twice the time on the recreation as I did on the original, but, it is much better as a result.

again, thanks.

geo.

and re: the flowers, a few Iris petals. still need the 'veins'... not sure just how to do them, though. Afraid I am not as accomplished at joining disparate things as is Ron. I actually study the cars to figure out how to make flowers. Good thing God didn't have to do that.

Name:	iris demo.png 
Views:	733 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	36809  
    Last edited by GeoBen; 03 April 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBen View Post
    and re: the flowers, a few Iris petals. still need the 'veins'... not sure just how to do them, though. Afraid I am not as accomplished at joining disparate things as is Ron. I actually study the cars to figure out how to make flowers. Good thing God didn't have to do that.
    GeoBen,
    From the looks of these pedals, I've got nothing over you. I don't know what the veins actually look like, but I took a stab at it from my imagination. I've attached the xar file if it helps at all. Ehh! Doesn't really show up very well here, does it?
    ron

Name:	pedals.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	36813  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 03 April 2007 at 11:06 PM.

Just messin' bout with brushes nice cars ron!

Name:	a brush set.gif 
Views:	757 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	36816  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by handrawn; 03 April 2007 at 11:46 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

handrawn,
    Cool, cool brushes.
    ron