Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New to TG and xara: Docking problem

Hi all thought id just introduce my self and say hi to all of you
    Iv been looking for something like xara for months to help with my site www.thegatheringclan.org
    I apologise if advertising isnt allowed, just wanted you all to know where im from and what i do

After just playing with xara for just a week iv produced some really nice projects BUT as always I have questions lol
    Wonder if anyone can help? iv been looking at the tuts etc and nothing seems to answer my questions

Ok first question, how do you change the rotation of the text?? mine are always spinning from right to left, id like the option of having the text spinning from left to right but cant see how this can be changed.

Second, i have PScs2 and although a great program I cant convert my pics from PS to xara3d inless you guys know of away??

Im not the worlds greatest and nearly everything iv learned has been from trial and error, this would be the first time iv really asked for anyones help so anything you can tell me would be apreciated

Hangman

Default Re: New to TG and xara :D

This should make it spin the opposite way(in animation options). You need to click on it to highlight it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blootoof; 31 March 2007 at 11:23 AM.

lol kk that was easy when I realised i cant see that side of the screen :S for some reason the page doesnt fit and that part of the screen cant be viewed :S

Hangman,

blootoof's screen shot has the options panel docked, but yours might not be. Try the following:
    Go Options/Colour. This should bring up the Options panel. If it doesn't it could be that you've inadvertently moved them off screen.

So if you still can't see the options panel
    Go Window/Reset User Interface.

Re your second question. PS creates bitmap images. Xara3D can only use bitmaps as Textures. If you want to import a Shape then it must be in a Vector format.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	36678  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 31 March 2007 at 12:49 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by hangman View Post
    lol kk that was easy when I realised i cant see that side of the screen :S for some reason the page doesnt fit and that part of the screen cant be viewed :S
    I think I know what you've done. If you put the cursor on the right hand side of the outer window(the gray border in my picture) you should be able to drag it to the left to bring the options back into view.

Thumbs up Re: New to TG and xara :D

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hangman,

blootoof's screen shot has the options panel docked, but yours might not be. Try the following:
    Go Options/Colour. This should bring up the Options panel. If it doesn't it could be that you've inadvertently moved them off screen.

So if you still can't see the options panel
    Go Window/Reset User Interface.

Re your second question. PS creates bitmap images. Xara3D can only use bitmaps as Textures. If you want to import a Shape then it must be in a Vector format.
    Thanks, too, Egg
    Tom - Hwy101

Sorry guys, went away for a while for some reel life stuff
    Iv tried everything to solve my issue with the window and nothing including what you have all sugested here has worked :s but i can just see half of the rotation change button so for now that will have to do

Gona get back into this now