Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default mirroring text in corel draw 11?

Hello!

I need to make a sign to put on a window, but the inside of the window for those outside. So I need to mirror the text.

The printing company I use will only accept a few formats, and Corel Draw is one. I never use Corel Draw for anything else except this one company, so only have an old version (11).

Mirroring text is new to me, and I thought it would be obvious, but it only ever rotates text, never properly mirrors it. And the final file has to have text in it, not just layers.

I can't believe there's not an easy way to do this... but I can't work it out. Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Luke

PS. I'm in Germany too, and it is a German version of Corel draw I'm using, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    IP

Default Re: mirroring text in corel draw 11?

Hi welcome

ok so you need the sort of lettering that is adhesive backed and sticks directly onto the window on the inside?
    xara will mirror text really easily and will export in pdf/x format amongst others if your printer will accept this, I gather most do.

Xara uses a horizontal flip tool - and you can do it in Illustrator 10 with the transform/reflect tool using 270 degree angle setting
    Draw probably has something similar - like you I'm sure it will be in there somewhere but I dont have Draw to hand at present.
    hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mirtext.gif 
Views:	534 
Size:	2.1 KB 
ID:	36603  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

hi
    have you tried using corel help file search for (mirror text)
    should show you symbol to find.
    have used corel 11 but not for a while but i know it was easy todo.
    using x3 now but probably still the same make sure what you want to mirror is selected first then there should be a mirror symbol on bar or
    goto arrange/transformations choose scale should be there but again remmeber to have text selected aswell.
    hope this helps

ps
    if the file is going to printers surely they can mirror it there end
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mirror_text.jpg 
Views:	1034 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	36608  
    IP

The mirror tool looks different in various versions of DRAW, just using Help and searching for it in the version of DRAW you are using will show you how to do it. Also it is so easy to forget that altogether and do this: grab the right or left hand edit handle of the text, hold down alt and ctrl at the same time and drag to flip it. It flips it without distortion. This is very fast and works like a charm. It also works to flip top to bottom and vice versa. It works on shape, text, but not on paragraph text. With paragraph text, it goes upside down and backwards to make mirror text, so you have to change it to curves to do that.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

it seems to me, that the only way to mirror text in vs. 12 is to convert to curves and then it will allow you to click the "mirror" button.
    IP

There is a difference between using Artistic text and Paragraph text. You have to convert to curves with Paragraph text to mirror. You can change text from one to the other, i.e., Artistic text to Paragraph text via right clicking. But mirroring definitely works in 12.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP