Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Which tool to use?

I have a square with hand drawn objects inside. I cannot figure out what tool to use to delete the section along the square where they intersect (see blue arrow). I basically want the whole object to be one continuous line so I can fill the inside of the Square, but not the inside of the objects. I hope that makes sense.

I included an example of what I'm trying to do.

thanks for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graphic1.gif 
Views:	193 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	36763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	36765  

Last edited by Crypto; 02 April 2007 at 12:28 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Which tool to use?

no one can help me out here? I know this is probably very elemetary, but I can't seem to figure it out.
    IP

When you draw your lines, draw them outside of the box just a bit, then having the box line on top, do, Front Minus Back. You have to do it three times, one for each shape. then use the virtual segment delete tool, this is available in 12 and X3. If you have an earlier version, if you draw the shape with the artistic media tool, break them apart, remove the line and then trim each one. Then delete the outline from these three shapes. You have one shape, then make a square for the background and fill it with black and the shape with all the cutouts, white.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Wish I could help but I dont know anything about CorelDRAW
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    When you draw your lines, draw them outside of the box just a bit, then having the box line on top, do, Front Minus Back. You have to do it three times, one for each shape. then use the virtual segment delete tool, this is available in 12 and X3. If you have an earlier version, if you draw the shape with the artistic media tool, break them apart, remove the line and then trim each one. Then delete the outline from these three shapes. You have one shape, then make a square for the background and fill it with black and the shape with all the cutouts, white.

Great! Thank you do much Sally. I have X3 and used the Virtual Segement tool
    IP

Sally- It seems that now that I have got the object as I want it, it's not recognized as a closed object, not allowing me to fill it. Any ideas how I can make this a closed object ?

thanks again
    IP