Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photoshop Color Problem

Hi everyone. I am having a problem with my Photoshop where I edit and create website layouts or graphics...but the colors I am editing them as are different than what actually shows up once I have saved everything into appropriate file formats, etc. (Jpg, etc.)

I have also noticed that when choosing colors in photoshop is different than it used to be all of the sudden because the colors are much more dull and somewhat off from what I am used to seeing.

I am not sure why this has happened, I am sure it's a setting somewhere... but basically I am asking: How do I get it back to my default color settings so that the colors I am seeing and working with are the same as what the output file will have. I want my bright colors back!
    IP

Default Re: Photoshop Color Problem

A big subject read all of this link should help you.
    http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps8_colour/ps8_1.htm
    IP

Hi welcome
    first step - if making images for web rather than print make sure you are working in image/mode/RGB
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

That's right, you are probably working in CMYK mode.
    Last edited by remi; 27 January 2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: URL removed
    IP

The usual problem with Photoshop is that people start editing in the Adobe 1998 colour space which looks washed out on the web or most windows programs that need sRGB colour space to look as you want.
    I could explain this in detail but it takes almost a small book to cover Photoshop’s colour management but reading though the link covers the basics.
    IP